Stanley STMT71648 40-Piece Socket Set
- 40-Piece socket set meets or exceeds ANSI standards for sockets and ratchets
- Stanley - Black & Decker
- High Quality New!!!!!!!
- Max-Drive design provides 15-Percent more torque
- Constructed of high-alloy steel and heat-treated for performance
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
The STMT71651 Tool Set includes:
- (1), 3/8" Pear Head Ratchet
- (1), 3/8" Drive Extension Bar – 3"
- (7), 3/8" Deep Sockets – 6 pt
- (20), 3/8" Drive Sockets – 6 pt
- (1), 1/4" Pear Head Ratchet
- (2), 1/4" Drive Extensions – 3", 6"
- (20), 1/4" Drive Deep Sockets – 6 pt
- (20), 1/4" Drive Sockets – 6 pt
- (1), 1/4" Spinner Handle
- (10), 1/4" Drive Specialty Bits
- (1), 3/8" Spark Plug Socket
- (1), 1/4" Bit Holder
- Blow Molded Carry Case
STANLEY Mechanics Tool Set
With a large selection of SAE and metric-sized sockets and drive tools, the 85 Piece Professional Mechanics Tool Set has just what you need to complete your repair and maintenance jobs. Includes a sturdy carrying case.
Mech Tool Set at a Glance:
- Ratchet handles are ergonomically designed and have an easy-to-use, thumb-operated reverse-switch mechanism
- Tough and durable carry case for easy storage and mobility
- Quick release allows user to remove extensions or sockets with one hand
- Full polish chrome finish for anti–corrosion protection
- Chrome vanadium forged body for torque, strength, and durability
- Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
UPDATE 10/17/17 Have to say I'm very pleased at this point with the set. I contacted Stanley at their website and wrote what I specifically was missing and took a picture of the case where piece was suppose to be at. Within no time they contacted me and sent that piece to me in the mail. Absolutely in these days and times I appreciate a company that stands behind their products. So many places make you send the whole product back and reorder to be faced with the same issue or another issue. Yeah!!!!
bought as a Christmas starter kit for my teen son,
should keep him from losing my tools.
Individual slots for everything should make it easier for him to tell if any are misplaced.
Stanley does make decent quality (China) sockets for the money,
I have concerns about the use of plastic in their teardrop ratchets (see pic) but time will tell how they hold up.
Also one socket was stamped upside down (see pic)
but the socket itself seems fine other than having a little extra personality.
Also, the included wrenches are not full polished,
but rather a nice matte finish.
Nicely made, and everything seems true to size as I went through the set before wrapping it up.
It's a good idea to go through new sets like this and double check that there's no doubles of any socket sizes (with other sizes missing).
My set was as it should be.
The case is also nice,
handles usually go first, but these seem like they'd be durable.
5 stars and recommended for the price (201 piece set for under $70)
I'll update if there's any issues
Great set. I've been using this to do all sorts of maintenance on my car. And I end up using the allen wrenches way more often than I expected too. Even different sizes of allen wrench driver heads. So those aren't just some space filler. You really need all of those. little heads for the driver.
Its odd that it stops at 17mm for 1/2 inch but goes up to 19mm for 1/4" driver. When you find you need larger sockets, don't just buy them one at a time. You'll end up needing lots of larger sockets, so just buy a larger set all together. say 14-30mm socket set for 1/2" driver. You'll thank me when you find out you really needed the 19, 21, 22, 24mm.
This doesn't come with any swivel heads, so buy a set of 3 as well. one for each driver size 1/2" 1/4" 1/8".
The legends on the sockets are easy to read in good light.