Spice & Co Saffron Threads Spain 1 g
|Price:||($699.00 / 100 g)|
Enhance your purchase
- Spice & Co Saffron Threads Spain 1 g is of the highest quality pure spice in a resealable sachet
- Saffron threads are the fine stigmas found in the crocus bulb which is a flowering plant belonging to the lily family Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world due to the cost associated with harvesting by hand and the curing process
- "No nasties" - gluten free, sugar free, nothing artificial - just pure spices
- Spice & Co are in the business of making you feel good about what you cook for your family and friends
- Thank you for supporting our 100% Australian, family business
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Product Dimensions : 10 x 1 x 17 cm; 40 Grams
- Date First Available : 15 July 2019
- Manufacturer : Spice and Co
- ASIN : B07TYH8JN7
- Country of origin : Spain
Best Sellers Rank:
2,942 in Pantry Food & Drinks (See Top 100 in Pantry Food & Drinks)
- 70 in Whole Spices & Herbs
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Add saffron to a simple homemade vinaigrette. Saute two finely chopped french shallots in a little olive oil. Transfer to a bowl (allow to cool), add 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp lemon juice (and a little zest), five tbsp olive oil and 1 small pinch of saffron soaked in a little hot water. Mix well, add salt/pepper and serve over grilled fish, potatoes or salad.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.com.au is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Saffron threads are the fine stigmas found in the crocus bulb which is a flowering plant belonging to the lily family. Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world due to the cost associated with harvesting by hand and the curing process. Quality saffron has an intense perfume and should be used in recipes where the saffron won't be dominated by other flavours. Saffron should be infused in just boiled water or milk and allowed to infuse for about five minutes. The saffron and (importantly), the liquid are then used in the recipe. Saffron is an essential ingredient in the classic French Bouillabaisse and rice dishes such as Spanish Paella Valencia. Saffron goes extremely well with rice, potatoes, pasta, gnocchi, fennel, seafood dishes and shellfish dishes and adds a beautiful fragrant flavour to dressings, sauces, tagines and soups.
From the manufacturer
Pure herbs & spices...
Established in 2009 for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients. Our range is blended and packed in Australia. Spice & Co is 100% Australian owned and operated and we are proudly exclusive to Independent retailers.
Used on MasterChef since 2012
Spice & Co proudly :
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing Artificial
- No Additives
- Chef created mixes & rubs
Our definition of pure is simple...
Spice & Co Herbs & Spices whether individual seeds, pods, leaves, ground herbs/spices or spice rubs/mixes do not have anything artificial or alien added..
No artificial colours, no flavours, no MSG, no anti-caking agents, no fillers or extenders to bulk out the products ...Just spices!
Gluten Free ?
Yes gluten free as ours are pure spices and contain no additives and packed on a gluten-free production line so there is no cross contamination.