|Product Dimensions||16 x 8 x 16 cm; 100 Grams|
|Material||Rattan & wicker|
|Special Features||Proofing Basket|
|Item Weight||100 g|
(16cm) Round Sourdough Bread Dough Proofing Banneton Basket/Brotform Basket - 100% Natural Rattan Cane Weave
- Proofing Basket ideal for making all types of sourdough bread doughs that need time to rise or expand.
- Commercial quality baskets - Used by professional bakers, chefs, cafes and restaurants.
- 100% Natural Rattan Cane - Food-safe, eco friendly, non-toxic (unbleached, chemical and dye free). The rattan cane has been traditionally weaved by hand in the same technique that has been done for 1000s of years and will leave a nice circular pattern on the surface of your dough.
- Strong and durable - The basket can hold up to 3lb/pounds (1.36kg) of dough.
- Easy to Clean - Simply shake the excess flour out of the basket after each use.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Bake sourdough bread at home using this commercial standard Banneton Basket.
The Banneton Basket is ideal for making all types of bread doughs that need time to rise or expand.
Banneton Baskets are used commercially by your favourite local bakers, cafes and restaurants and you too can make bread at home using professional bakers equipment and ingredients.
Materials and fabrication
Strong and durable - The basket can hold up to 3lb/pounds (1.36kg) of dough
100% Natural Rattan Cane - Food-safe, eco friendly, non-toxic (unbleached, chemical and dye free)
Natural rattan cane is our preferred material to use when making bread. When you proof your dough it has direct contact with the basket, the natural rattan cane will allow the dough to breath and will draw out excess moisture while proofing.
Basket Design: The rattan cane has been traditionally weaved by hand in the same technique that has been done for 1000s of years and will leave a nice pattern on the surface of your dough.
The smooth surface finish of the rattan cane is gentle on hands and will not splinter when cleaning it.
Easy to Clean - Simply shake the excess flour out of the basket after each use
If the dough sticks to edges, wait until the dough dries, then use a stiff brush to remove it
Do not wet as moisture may damage rattan cane wood
Single use basket nets
To help you remove your dough from the basket we have included a single use basket net. The basket net will prevent your dough from sticking to the rattan cane and make it easier to remove from the basket.
The basket can be used as:
A baking tool to hold bread dough when it is rising and expanding
Store cooked bread
Store small baking accessories - bread lame, spatula, scraping tools and hair nets.
Artisans Warehouse "For artisans by artisans."