For me, this book was a huge disappointment. The book is essentially a way for the featured speakers to now say they are also a published author.
The book is a compilation of 14 speakers’ answers to seven questions. The questions were:
1. Why do I speak? What is my message?
2. What do you want to inspire and motivate your audience to do?
3. Why should an audience listen to me?
4. Do you have a ritual or tradition you do before you go on stage?
5. What is your biggest blooper on stage?
6. Who is the most influential speaker you look up to?
7. List three must read books.
Each of the speaker’s answers to these questions constitutes a chapter of the book.
In addition to this book essentially being a way for the featured speakers to now say they are also a published author, I can add two additional comments:
1. Each speaker’s contribution was essentially a marketing puff piece.
2. The most valuable information is each speaker’s chapter was their list of the three must read books. One of them was even smart enough to even list her own book, giving her one more opportunity to market her book.
This book could also certainly benefit from some serious editing. It appears that the primary author simply compiled each speaker’s contribution into a book format. While the book’s front matter lists an editor, the editing was either very poor or the editor’s recommendations were ignored. Obviously, I have no way of knowing which to be the case.
The book’s title states that this is Volume 1. If there will ever be subsequent volumes, I hope they are better.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2277 KB
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07Z2TLY5N
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 2 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #846,333 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)