Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ $16.03 Delivery
Sony Sports WH1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones, Silver (WH1000XM3S)
- Flagship wireless headphones with Digital Noise Cancelling
- Wireless headphones with industry-leading Noise Cancellation
- New HD Noise Cancelling processor
- Integrated Alexa Assistant, Headphones Connect App is needed. Available from September 2018 onward. Install the Amazon Alexa app and change the assignment of noise cancelling button with Sony | Headphones Connect app, then just press the noise cancelling button to get going.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Sony Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
Headband style High-Resolution Audio headphones with one of the industry-leading noise cancellation and Ambient Sound control.
- HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 lets you listen without distractions
- High quality wireless audio with bluetooth and LDAC technology
- Smart listening experience by Adaptive Sound Control
- Volume Control Touch Sensor
- Sensitivities (dB/mW) 104.5dB / mW (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 101dB / mW (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Plug Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Magnet Neodymium
- Impedance (Ohm) 47 ohm (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 16 ohm (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Headphone Type Closed, dynamic
- Frequency Response (Hz) 4Hz-40,000Hz
- Wearing Style: Circumaural
- Released: 2018
- Driver Unit 40mm, dome type (CCAW Voice coil)
- Diaphragm Aluminum coated LCP
- Cord Type Single-sided (detachable)
- Cord Length Headphone cable (approx. 1.2m, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 89 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The noise cancelling is amazing. Sound quality blows the Bose out of the water. Nice and comfy too, and better battery life. Very, very happy.
About the only negative is they don't do multi device pairing like the Bose does; you can only be connected to one music source at a time.
- The ANC is insane. I wear these in the office, and at 30% volume cannot hear conversations next to me.
- Extremely comfortable and lightweight. I get Cervicogenic headaches, and heavy headsets will trigger these headaches. I can wear these for hours without any pain at all.
- The audio quality is good. Not amazing, and on the default profile, the bass is a little heavy. The bright/excited preset is the best for me I've found.
- The battery life is amazing
- The microphone leaves a lot to desire. Muffled and hard to hear in high ambient noise scenarios.
- The accompanying app needs some work - not as feature rich as one would hope, although is certainly enough to configure headphones.
- The headphones does not have smart Bluetooth; you can only connect to one device at once. What? Is it 2010?
Overall, the cons of these headphones are far outweighed by the pros. I would buy these again in a heartbeat.
- in terms of noise cancelling, these are on par or better. I wear these at work, or at home while my wife watches TV (or when she's around generally), and they work great.
- for music, these flat out are in a different league to Bose. The bass is deeper, the sound stage is wider and the vocals are crisper.
With the latest update, also now supports Alexa. So with the better tech and longer battery life, it's a no brainer. Amazing headphones.
Also, sometimes the sound becomes a little bit jerky. It's happening on my phone and on my desktop PC. I know mastering Bluetooth is more an art than a science, but for that price I expected a bit better.
However, I was quite disappointing to note it's below-par mic and Bluetooth performance.
Mic quality issues: Almost all of the recipients of the calls I made with this were complaining they couldn't hear me and the audio was muffled. I wasn't even in an area where there was a lot of background noise. Tried calling on my commute on the train and it was completely unusable and the other end couldn't understand a work I was speaking. Very disappointing.
Bluetooth issues: During calls and even listening to music, there are constant disruptions to the audio stream with pauses and audio fades which is really frustrating. My phone was only two feet away or inside my pocket.
Verdict: When someone buys a premium wireless headphone these days, one expects it to have really good mic performance (with good background noise reduction) and reliable Bluetooth streaming with zero interruptions. WH1000XM3B certainly does a great job in audio quality and ANC but had compromised the basic features of a standard Bluetooth headset.