- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com.au price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Offered by Amazon AU. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
PlayStation 5 HD Camera
- Capture yourself in smooth, sharp full-HD with the camera’s dual wide-angle lenses as you live out your most epic gaming moments. Quickly create a recording or a broadcast of yourself and your gameplay, with your DualSense wireless controller’s create button.
- Get the perfect shot with the HD camera’s built-in adjustable stand. Its compact design allows it to be securely positioned above or below TVs –where you can fine-tune the angle to suit your set-up.
- Take center stage in your productions using the PlayStation 5 console’s built-in background removal tools. With the HD camera, you can add yourself to your gameplay videos while broadcasting in picture-in-picture mode, with the ability to crop the background or lose it completely with a green screen.
- Put yourself at the center of your gameplay sharing with the HD camera.
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Featuring dual lenses for 1080p capture and a built-in stand, the HD camera works seamlessly with the PS5 background removal tools to put you in the spotlight. Quickly create a recording or a broadcast of yourself and your gameplay, with your DualSense wireless controller’s create button.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The camera is recommended to be situated central to your TV, be it in front or mounted on top. I like the fact they have designed it so the shell doubles as the mount; just simply pull the bottom-half away from the camera to open it up, place the camera over the TV (there is a little lip underneath the camera to go over the TV bezel) then push the bottom-half of the shell forward until it sits snuggly on the TV. Note that the camera does also tilt should you need it.
To connect the HD camera to the PS5, just connect the cameras USB-A connector into the appropriate port on the PS5 (the cable length is 2m long).
With all the positives aside, there are some drawbacks which people need to be aware of, especially if you are planning on purchasing this as a gift:
1) It is NOT backwards compatible with the PS4.
2) If you are playing PS4 games that are compatible with the PS5 and require a camera, this model is not compatible, despite using it with the PS5.
3) This will NOT support PSVR use on the PS5. You will need to use an PS4 camera adaptor which you need to apply through Sony directly to get your hands on.
So then, is there any point of owning one? As of writing this review, literally nothing except for those who want to stream through their PS5; if that's what you want it for then fantastic. Also, if you have a greenscreen, the PS5 has tools to remove the background (key feature advertised). Bare in mind the camera does not have a microphone, you will either need a headset or rely on the in-built microphone on the DualSense controller.
If you were wanting it for anything other than streaming, this will just be a dust collector. Maybe Sony are planning on incorporating the use with a PSVR 2 in the future? Time will tell.
Looks like it will do the job well. But haven't really tested out yet apart from set up configuration where it maps your face in 3 spaces, centre, left and right of screen.