I give The Social Media Bible "5 stars" for these reasons:
1. If you have been looking for a nontechnical compilation of information about social media, The Social Media Bible provides that.
2. If you want a book that offers a context within which you can get an overview of and think about how to use social media, the SMB does that too.
3. If you want a reference volume that you can use as a quick guide to specific programs and applications, this book is very useful.
4. If you want a book that describes how to think about mixing and matching different social media applications, venues, and channels, The Social Media Bible offers this.
5. If you want to know what kinds of things go wrong with social media, and the lessons already learned from others' mistakes, this book will give you a good starting point.
As a small business owner I am primarily concerned with our company's clients, and our own way forward amid the rapid changes taking place. We simply cannot wait any longer to figure out how to effectively and profitably use social media tools.
The ever present constraints on time, funds, and the opportunity costs of delaying decisions are making the kind of information in The Social Media Bible essential, especially for nontechnical folks like me.
I recommend this book.
Disclosure: I have no connection to, nor contact with anyone associated with The Social Media Bible.
Ken Jones, PhD
- Paperback: 840 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (20 May 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470411554
- ISBN-13: 978-0470411551
- Product Dimensions: 19.2 x 4.2 x 23.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.4 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item