This was an ok read. I liked the pacing. Overall it was short, sharp and not bad. Sidney, has depth and layers. Smoke is still a mystery, but perhaps that is by design, but I could have used some more information in regards to him and his background.
The set up was a little hard to swallow - all these shadowy goings on at the FBI? Some agents in the know, others not. The body count climbed, and agents were used carelessly as cannon fodder, to the point you wonder how our duo ever manages to get the bad guy not once, but twice.
For some reason, despite the werewolves etc this had kind of a goody two shoes air about it that jangled - no swearing, seriously? Not even when you've been shot - Morning Glory! As the lead gal would say. And doesn't that trite saying get tired after a while.
An okay, quick read.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 3017 KB
- Print Length: 216 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Two-Ten Book Press, Inc.; 1 edition (27 February 2015)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00QXNB5BQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 239 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #172,606 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)