- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Hardie Grant Books; Hardback edition (1 October 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1743793677
- ISBN-13: 978-1743793671
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 2.5 x 26.7 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 6,421 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Smith & Deli-cious: Food From Our Deli (That Happens to be Vegan) Hardcover – 26 Sep 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Mo Wyse is a Seattle and New York expat. She studied journalism and has a background in production, but dedicated her passion for creative, plant-based food to creating Smith & Daughters and Smith & Deli, where she is the logistical, front-of-house and marketing brains behind this gun team. Mo has now woven herself into the hospitality industry fabric, where she has spoken on a variety of panels pertaining to both business as well as plant-based dining. People are waking up to the relevance of veganism and considering both Mo and Shannon to be outspoken advocates for expanding the plant-based foodscape.
Shannon Martinez has cooked since she can remember, and her innovative, outside-the-square talents have contributed to kitchens across Melbourne for around 20 years. Shannon is an unlikely candidate to be the poster girl for plant-based dining, as she eats meat – but she is and she's unstoppable. Her unique perspective gives this mega talented chef the capability to create perfect tastes and textures, rather than pumping out bland and predictable vegan food. Armed with a strong hospitality network and industry tenure, Shannon has taken on some of Australia's most meat-driven kitchens and veganised them, convincing her peers there's something to this plant-based 'trend'. Working some of the nations largest food events, with some of Australia's greatest chefs, Shannon's next stop is TV and world domination.
Smith & Daughters on Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, opened in 2014. An instant success (both in a full dining room and media attention), almost immediately the restaurant grew to 40 staff and was doing 400 covers a night. In July 2015, Shannon and Mo opened Smith & Deli, the world's first all-vegan deli, in nearby Moor Street. Their shop offers up a carefully curated selection of all-vegan groceries, freshly made pastries, salads and take-home meals as well as a long list of made-to-order sandwiches – and has queues out the door. Their need to expand is verging on desperate, and the next locations are in the works with big, big dreams for the 'Smith & ...' enterprise to expand.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Celebrities & TV Shows
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Entertaining & Holidays > Holidays > American Thanksgiving
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Entertaining & Holidays > Holidays > Christmas
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Main Courses & Side Dishes > Burgers & Sandwiches
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Gluten Free
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetarian & Vegan > Vegan
- Books > Health, Fitness & Nutrition > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Vegetarian & Vegan