SmallRig Magic Arm Ball Head Super Clamp Mount Bracket - 1138
- ▶ Ball head with Clamp: The SmallRig 1138 is a multi-function ball head with clamp mount. The clamp could be mount on the rod , table to hold stuff like light, monitor mount, camera for Gopro
- ▶ Clamp OPEN TO 40MM: The Clamp jaws open to 40mm (1.57 inch). It could attach to rod, stabilizer for DJI, table, bike bar etc
- ▶ Multiple Accessories Attach：Can also be used as a GoPro mount on motorbike or hold a microphone on a boom arm, mount of small cameras, monitors, compact cameras, phones, flashes, handheld gimbals and other devices, sush as for GoPro cameras , Nex mirrorless cameras for Sony , RX100MK4 etc
- ▶ Ergonomic and Solid: Made of nearly all metal ( aluminium alloy ), solid and sturdy, also with a protective dense rubber pad on clamp area to prevent scratches and the whole arm can be taken off
- ▶ Best Load: The best load < 1.5kg (3.3 lbs). Don't mount the accessories over 1.5kg (3.3 lbs)
Product detailsColour Name:double ballhead + clamp 1138
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9.5 x 8.5 x 2.5 cm; 200 Grams
- Date First Available : 12 November 2017
- Manufacturer : SmallRig
- ASIN : B00DJ5XH4O
- Item Model Number : 1138
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
SmallRig Multi-function Double Ballhead with Clamp & 1/4" Screw 1138
1. It can mount monitor and LED Lights on the one end via 1/4’’ screw.
2. It can lock the rod on the cage via the clamp tightened by the locking knob.
3. It could be attached and detached from the monitor quickly and the position of the monitor is adjustable.
4. The rod clamp fits for DJI Ronin & for FREEFLY MOVI Pro & all 30mm rods and can also be adjusted with ease.
The best load < 1.5kg.
1 x Ballhead
Product Dimensions: 95x85x25mm
Net Weight: 200g
Package Size: 120x100x40mm
Material(s): Aluminum Alloy
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Ballhead Magic Arm, on the other hand, is puny and fiddly to tighten. I knew it was small based on the advertised dimensions but when it arrived it still surprised me with how small it is. But size doesn't really matter. What does matter is that it keeps coming loose from the above clamp. No matter how hard you try to tighten it in the 1/4" clamp hole, the moment you attach something to the other end of the Magic Arm and try to move the arm into the desired position, it comes lose from the clamp and the whole arm swings freely, causing you to frantically grab whatever device you've attached to it, because it could go crashing to the floor. There is a workaround, but knowing that it could come loose quite easily means that I'd only trust it with my lighter, less fragile gear like a wireless mic receiver that doesn't have a screen. On its own, I'd rate the Magic Arm 3 stars and wouldn't recommend it.
Nice, multi-use product.
The tapped holes in the clamp mean you could use this for many other purposes (add-hoc mic stand, retort stand etc.)
I previously used a grip made of plastic, but they were a bit flimsy and wobbly.
These SmallRig clamps are made from metal and feel solid. Once the ball joint is tightened I can't move it at all. In operation there is no vibration or wobbliness on the basestation and the grip is solid. Another neat feature is the ball joint is attached via screw thread so I can swap it and re-use the clamp if necessary.
Top reviews from other countries
1) The ball-head arm is hard to tighten perfectly.
2) Even if you think you've got the arm locked in tight, the small stem that attaches the arm to the clamp may twist loose making you start over from scratch in positioning everything.
3) Tightening the clamp on a table edge to the point I feel it's not doing to let go seems to deform the rubber grip inside the clamp. These seem like they're best on a pole or other round object.
Also wish there were attachment points on the top and bottom of the clamp, not just the back.