- Product Dimensions: 55.9 x 26.7 x 25.4 cm ; 2.04 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 3 Kg
- Item Model Number: AI-CHO
- ASIN: B002Z6005W
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 21 September 2018
- Customer Reviews: 462 customer ratings
Sleepypod Air in-Cabin Pet Carrier, Dark Chocolate
|Price:||+ $35.66 Delivery|
- Mobile pet bed, in-cabin airplaine carrier and car seat, fits pets up to 17-1/2-pound
- Includes padded shoulder strap, machine washable Ultra Plush bedding and an instruction card
- Top and ends open for easy access to the pet, large zipper pockets on both sides
- Luggage grade nylon outside and Ultra Plush polyester inside
- Compresses from 22-inch long, 10-1/2-inch wide, 10-1/2-inch high down to 16-inch long, 10-1/2-inch wide, 8-inch high
Colour: Dark Chocolate
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Sleepypod Air is a revolutionary carrier that redefines in-cabin pet travel. Air adapts to the various under-seat storage requirements set by different airlines while providing maximum comfort for your jet set pet. Worrying about buying a carrier that will not fit under a plane seat is a thing of the past. Our patent pending folding system allows pets to travel in the largest space possible while the airplane is in the air, yet still allows for stowage under an airline seat during takeoff and landing. When the captain says you can recline your seat, rotate the Sleepypod Air so it is between your feet and expand the ends so both you and your little friend can stretch out comfortably for the duration of the flight. In-cabin pet travel has never been so comfortable. Straps on both sides allow you to secure the Sleepypod Air in your car. A pass through pocket allows you to secure the Sleepypod Air to the telescoping handle on carry-on luggage.
|5 star 67% (67%)||67%|
|4 star 14% (14%)||14%|
|3 star 7% (7%)||7%|
|2 star 6% (6%)||6%|
|1 star 7% (7%)||7%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
My only real snag is how dark it is on the inside. You just aren't able to immediately check on your babies during transit. And as I bought this to take my dogs in-cabin, it was difficult since you aren't able to bring your dogs out to check on them.
SleepingPod need to install a see-through mesh or even better a Zipper at the top of the bags so that your dogs can poke their heads out every now and again for fresh air. One of my dogs was very nervous the entire trip and had a panic attack from feeling kept tightly in the dark. My other Yorkie had no issues but I had such an uncomfortable 8hrs flight just hearing my nervous baby trying to poke his head through the top of the bag.
I hope Sleepingpod do something about giving a better option for dogs who feel claustrophobic during transit.
First, the good parts (and there are many!):
- it is roomy, so my 2 "teacup" pooches (each 1.5kg) easily fit in and are very comfortable inside and able to stretch and turn as well as lie down side by side - but it isn't huge, so that being 5'3", it doesn't look grotesque when I carry it
- it has very good ventilation - none of the other bags I have (about 6!) provide that
- it has a nice cushion at the bottom
- it is (almost) non-see-through from the outside, but gives good visibility from inside
- it is sturdy and doesn't collapse no matter how much playtime my pooches want;
- it is easy to carry using handle or the shoulder strap
- it doesn't look like an obvious pet bag (perfect if I want to sneak them into a shop!)
- it can be strapped to the car belt or put on the top of your suitcase
- it would have been perfect if it had additional zip opening to allow the pooches stick their head out
- I would have preferred a bigger pocket to carry pets passports and leashes and doggie bags - the side pocket is a tad too small
- a few hoops on the side to covert this bag to backpack would have made it ideal for any kind of travel (coupled with the possibility of letting the pooches stick their heads out)
- it had a bit of a "funny smell" when arrived, but the smell was gone within 2 hours, and frankly, my pooches didn't mind it at all.
Our Maltese (male, 4.4 kg) really enjoys travelling inside it. We have made an extensive research on pet carriers for airlines and finally we bought the sleepypod. All the others either lack the quality or space. If your pet is not too small, then all the other carriers feel like a prison cell for your pet.
This carrier is quite large so that your cat/dog can turn around easily or sleep comfortably with the soft bed, which comes with the package. I am aware that the price tag is quite high for a pet carrier but if you're considering long flights (especially intercontinental), then you should really consider this product. Apart from the flights, it is the perfect carrier for long car travels as well.
Used it to fly from London to Moscow, use it everyday to carry my Norfolk Terrier to work, for some time was used at home as the sleeping place for my pup.
I am sure I don't use it to it's full potential but for everything I do use it, it performs great!
be aware it is BRIGHT orange lol