Very engaging read with an initial hook that keeps you glued to the page. A young girl falls down a hole in the woods and lands on a giant metal hand. Years later she is the scientists charged with learning more about the mysterious artefact, and tracking down similar pieces across the world.
I was surprised by the format of the novel, where every chapter is essentially some written record or transcript of an interview. But I have to say it worked out very well, both as a way to give info dumps about the science fiction portion of the story, but also to elicit the thoughts and introspections of the main characters.
I look forward to the sequel.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 8 hours and 27 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 21 April 2016
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B01E4KJREQ
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,600 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)