Very engaging read with an initial hook that keeps you glued to the page. A young girl falls down a hole in the woods and lands on a giant metal hand. Years later she is the scientists charged with learning more about the mysterious artefact, and tracking down similar pieces across the world.
I was surprised by the format of the novel, where every chapter is essentially some written record or transcript of an interview. But I have to say it worked out very well, both as a way to give info dumps about the science fiction portion of the story, but also to elicit the thoughts and introspections of the main characters.
I look forward to the sequel.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Michael Joseph; 1 edition (1 October 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405941731
- ISBN-13: 978-1405941730
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 2.3 x 18.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 200 g
- Customer Reviews: 861 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 15,924 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)