- Paperback: 216 pages
- Publisher: Michael Wiese Productions (1 October 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1615932291
- ISBN-13: 978-1615932290
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.3 x 22.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 358 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 93,336 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Slay the Dragon: Writing Great Stories for Video Games Paperback – 1 Oct 2015
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
"A veritable treasure trove of information. A compelling look at the development and evolution of interactive narrative and an invaluable tool for anyone who loves games!"
--Drew Karpyshyn, lead writer, Mass Effect; author, the Chaos Born trilogy
"Practical and original advice on narrative writing for video games that treats the world of gaming for what it is: an emerging art form."
--Aaron Bleyaert, producer, "Clueless Gamer with Conan O'Brien" on TBS's Conan
"If you're learning how to write for games or a developer burning to create games with better stories, I can't think of a better place to start."
--Haris Orkin, game writer/narrative designer, Dying Light
"In my years of working in the industry this is the closest thing to a bible of creative video game story creation as I have ever seen."
--Larry Hryb, Xbox Live's Major Nelson
"Bridges the gap between traditional narrative and non-linear storytelling and makes it simple. A required tool in the working writer's toolbox."
--Philip Eisner, screenwriter, Event Horizon; consulting writer for Telltale Games' Tales from the Borderlands
"A comprehensive but accessible guide for those striving to relate to the medium of video games from another entertainment medium. If you're a writer from film or TV and want to understand more about games, this book should get you comfortable quickly."
--Dan Boutros, executive producer, The Walking Dead Assault; co-founder, Soul Arcade
About the Author
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Films > Theory
- Books > Arts & Photography > Other Media & Techniques > Video Games
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides