This started off as a 4.5 star read, although the cover artwork suggests it to be a YA urban fantasy. In some ways it was. In the beginning the author introduces us to the story of a murder/kidnapping mystery, then it somehow the storyline became all dystopian. And then it made sense for the past to become full circle.
Too many characters and multiple point of views diluted the story for me as it then got too hard to follow. If the points of view be limited to only Reese and Jaxon, the story would be less cluttered.
Reese, her potential ability to attract men - the attraction to the doctor was a bit weird. I thought maybe the story would go towards the reverse harem...
Overall it was an average read but not a quick read.
- Paperback: 412 pages
- Publisher: White Star Press; 1 edition (19 June 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1939203791
- ISBN-13: 978-1939203793
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 2.4 x 20.3 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 549 g
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 394,888 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)