- NEW YORK TIMES, Best Cookbooks of Spring 2019 "It's gorgeous, and warm and delicious with every turn of the page."
- CHRISTINA TOSI, chef-founder-owner, Milk Bar and author of All About Cake "The idea of offering ten base cakes, fifteen toppings, a flavor chart, and dozens of decorating ideas is both fun and ingenious! This might be the only cake book one needs."
- HELEN GOH, co-author of Sweet "Simple Cake delivers quick and easy cakes that you can enjoy any day or dress up for special occasions. The recipes are unfussy and joyful; they are the perfect excuse to share with the ones you love. You will make these cakes part of your baking legacy."
- ARAN GOYOAGA, author of Small Plates & Sweet Treats and creator of Cannelle et Vanille "Simple Cake is such a sweet book full of incredible photography, delightfully simple recipes, and so, so much love. It's as deeply personal as it is useful and I can't wait to bake from it."
- ALISON ROMAN, author of Dining In "Wonderfully uncomplicated . . . Thoughtful and inspiring, this fresh take on cakes should find an enthusiastic audience."
- Publishers Weekly "Odette Williams loves cake. Her book, a collection of "unfussy, classic recipes" that she's been perfecting for years, is all about delivering on your cake craving, even if life wants to get in the way. The recipes are simple and achievable: She offers 10 base cake recipes and 15 topping ideas that can be mixed and matched to fit your dessert needs, wants, and desires."