I have a child who has ADHD. Reading is not his favorite activity. He describes reading as being harder than climbing a tree, and I have no doubt he doesn't think he's exaggerating.
This summer our mission was to get him reading - on the premise that practice makes it easier if nothing else.
These books turned the trick - he read not only this title but five others in the series over the course of the summer! And the confidence he gained in being able to read a whole book - plus the genuine enjoyment of reading - encouraged him to start another book already, one off of my own shelves.
For an adult, these are very light reading, but for younger readers I highly recommend Ms Lasky's work. She's entertaining, light, and yet the story is gripping. You really get a little worried for these owls!
- Library Binding: 208 pages
- Publisher: Paw Prints 2008-08-11; Reprint edition (11 August 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 143952016X
- ISBN-13: 978-1439520161
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 13.3 x 19.7 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 204 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item