You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This price was set by the publisher.
Shinrin-Yoku: The Art and Science of Forest Bathing Kindle Edition
|Length: 314 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration. Add narration for a reduced price of $2.99 after you buy the Kindle book.
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
"This wonderful book . . . is itself a tribute to forests and the magnificence of trees, featuring more than 100 color photographs of forests around the world." --NPR "Such a lovely book . . . filled with beautiful photos of the woods. And Li's writing is wonderful. 'I am a scientist, not a poet, ' he explains, as he writes poetically about the science of trees. . . . The book beautifully explores the science of forest medicine--and goes into great detail about how to practice shinrin-yoku." --TreeHugger "A stunningly beautiful book about . . . the life-changing magic of walking in the woods." --Neil Pasricha, New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Awesome and The Happiness Equation
A practical, illustrated guide from the world-leading immunologist on how exposure to the woods and nature can reap health benefits.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Amazon.com: 35 reviews
Beautiful and Informative
24 April 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
24 people found this helpful.
I could not put this book down once I started reading it. Not only is it packed full of wonderful information about benefits and instructions of forest bathing, but it has beautiful photos that cause the reader to linger and enjoy this book even more. It's obvious that the author has a passion for his topic. I highly recommend this book.
A medical technology landmark
27 September 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
7 people found this helpful.
This book by Dr. Qing Li, Chairman of the Japanese Society of Forest Medicine, describes a medical technology landmark. The description starts with the natural pleasant sensation that many people have, while spending time in a forest. The five human senses can all come into play - sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. The book then turns to aspects of healing. These include; reduced blood pressure, improved cardiovascular and metabolic activity, lower blood sugar levels, increasing the count of natural killer cells, and increasing production of anti-cancer proteins. These have been scientifically observed by comparing the profiles of people who have engaged in forest therapy with the profiles of control groups. The former significantly outrank the latter. This leads to a fundamental question. Is there a physically identifiable emanation in a forest that carries the healing power? The answer suggested is “yes”. It is called phytoncide and is produced by trees to protect them from afflictions. Scientific studies have shown that phytoncides can be of benefit to humans as well. While research is ongoing we should regard available evidence as pointing to a medical technology landmark.
24 June 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
7 people found this helpful.
a lightweight read but my friends and i talk about it all the time
3 November 2018 - Published on Amazon.com
4 people found this helpful.
This book is fantastic! I highly recommend to anyone interested in forest bathing, forest therapy, the healing power of nature or for anyone who just needs a little help disconnecting from the hectic world. The pictures in the book were beautiful as well so it was a pleasure to look at and felt really nice in my hands. Everything about the book was just amazing!
24 April 2019 - Published on Amazon.com
One person found this helpful.
I really enjoyed this unique book by a Japanese physician. It opened my mind to a lot of information about the importance of trees and forests for health and mental well being. It was an interesting and easy read, something that anyone could find beneficial, but especially lovers of nature. It was especially interesting how the Japanese have incorporated forest bathing into their lives, even though most of the population lives in crowded cities. The description of the parks in Japan as well as beautiful photos was fascinating and something I did not know existed in Japan. The author makes a good case that many woes such as anxiety, depression, stress and even illnesses could be alleviated with regular contact amongst trees and nature. Too many of us are stuck inside with our focus on electronic devices such as computers, Loads and cell phones. There are lots of tips here on how to benefit from a walk in the woods. I recommend this book, perhaps it will change how you see the natural world, I hope to incorporate these lessons in my life.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Landscape Design > Japanese Gardens
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Landscape Design > Trees
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Nature & Ecology > Ecosystems & Habitats > Forests & Rainforests
- Books > Science, Nature & Maths > Nature & Ecology > Natural Resources > Forests & Forestry
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Athletics & Gymnastics > Running & Jogging
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Active Pursuits > Walking, Hiking & Trekking
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides
- Books > Travel & Tourism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Japanese Gardens
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Shrubs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture > Trees
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Naturopathy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medical eBooks > Alternative & Holistic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Medical eBooks > Basic Science > Immunology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Forestry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Nature & Ecology > Natural Resources > Forests & Forestry
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Outdoors & Nature > Hiking & Camping > Walking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Asia > Japan