"I love every model in this book." - B. Joseph Pine II, author of The Experience Economy (Harvard Business Review Press)
"Relationships matter. In the early days of Twitter we did all we could to build enduring connections with users - and it worked. This book shows you how to do the same." - Claire Diaz-Ortiz, award-winning author (One Minute Mentoring, Twitter for Good) and Silicon Valley innovator
"An excellent, insightful read. This book should sit on the shelf next to your other go-to books for strategic and tactical advice." - Richard Newton, author of The Management Consultant (Financial Times)
"...a guide useful for any executive or individual seeking to understand the fundamental elements and importance of engagement" - Bruce Bolger, President of The Enterprise Engagement Alliance
Do you know how to successfully engage with your customers, employees and communities?
The answer is probably no. While engagement is one of the biggest buzz words around, and indeed is one of the most needed things in our fast changing world, most executives and managers shrug their shoulders in bewilderment as to what it actually is, and how it actually works beyond hit-and-miss tactics.
But no more.
In this short but incisive book, expert consultant and speaker Scott Gould demystifies engagement and breaks it down into seven profoundly simple shapes that explain what causes people to form enduring connections with brands, ideas, organisations, and each other.
Eight years in the making, and drawing on almost two decades of experience, Scott will reveal to you:
- What makes engaging companies outperform their unengaging counterparts by 29.9% increase in stock price year on year .
- What's getting in the way of your engagement succeeding, and why trying to "get" people to engage doesn't work.
- Why a click is NOT engagement, and what the difference is between participation, connection, and interaction.
- What the three types of engagement are, and how to tell if they are at work in your organisation.
- What the six psychological steps of engagement are, and what strategies to use at each stage.
- The five things that truly motivate people to engage.
- How to operationalise engagement within an enterprise.