A Reverse Sandwich Contract is a contract that is ridiculously readable, lovely to look at, simple to use, fast to negotiate, & easy to automate.
If your business documents aren't optimised for electronic signatures & automation processes, your company will be left behind. If you want to do more with less, you need to increase your productivity. This book will help you increase your productivity & get your contracts working for you, not against you.
Extra Book Resources
It's hard to write a contract (even a simple contract!) from scratch. Online templates can be ugly, confusing & expensive. 'Secrets to Productive Contracts' is supported by easy to follow, simple templates & legal visuals.
For free legal templates & other productivity tools & resources, head to www.checklistlegal.com/productive-contracts
What will you learn? Here's a preview...
- How to make a Reverse Sandwich Contract
- How to think digitally about contract documents & processes
- Why you need to delegate like Beyonce
- How to be a lazy lawyer
- Why a contract is not just a bit of paper
- How to apply Triple O Productivity to your contract document & your contract process
- Obliterate the unnecessary
- Optimise the important
- Outsource to robots & humans
Is this book right for you?
In 'The Future of the Professions: How Technology Will Transform the Work of Human Experts', authors Richard Susskind and Daniel Susskind talk about how the future will look for professionals, including lawyers. This book aims to help legal professionals survive the changes predicted by Richard & Daniel Susskind.
You can learn to cut out the "grunt work" of contracts, & this releases "professionals to focus on tasks that require their brains or dexterity.”
This guide is written for:
- New lawyers who want to know how to write a simple contract;
- Paralegals & legal secretaries putting contracts together;
- Solo lawyers at medium sized companies with limited resources;
- Office administrators who want to move to a paperless office;
- Procurement specialists & contract managers keen to develop b customer experience;
- Legal teams in process driven corporations where process efficiency is paramount; and
- Anyone who interacts with contract processes or documents & thinks ‘There has to be a better way!?’ can get value out of this book.