- Audio CD
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers and Blackstone Audio; Unabridged AUDIO edition (20 March 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1538502097
- ISBN-13: 978-1538502099
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 1.3 x 14.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 172 g
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends Audio CD – Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Audiobook, CD, Unabridged
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Peter Schweizer is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution and author of the New York Times bestseller Do as I Say (Not as I Do). He has spoken before dozens of corporate audiences as well as numerous college student groups and the Young America's Foundation. He has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, the BBC, and other news networks. He lives in Florida.
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
And shame on Kerry! He had already married the Ketchup heiress & did NOT need to increase his greed via off spring
All so troubling!
I simply could NOT finish reading the book. The content is so devastating revealing the greed, the unbelievable abuse of our trust in our elected officials & hard earned tax dollars.
We almost need a revolution to clean out the filth!
Previously, Schweizer's "Clinton Cash" book contributed to Hillary Clinton's election loss. This new book could be the death knell for Joe Biden's presidential hopes, as it reveals how his son, Hunter Biden, benefited from the former Vice President's dealings with foreign countries. Schweizer is evenhanded, though, targeting politicians from both parties. Mitch McConnell could easily become the target of an ethics investigation based on this book's suggestion that McConnell has taken official acts that benefit his Chinese in-laws financially.
The book reveals a kind of self-dealing that I had not considered before by suggesting that Obama (1) used regulations in the education and energy sectors to depress the prices of certain stocks (e.g., the University of Phoenix and fossil fuel companies), at which time friends of Barack, including George Soros, bought the stocks and then (2) eased pressure, allowing the stocks to rebound and enriching anyone who invested at the stocks' low points.
For any reader who worries about the mainstream media's failure to investigate the financial dealings of Obama and other politicians, this book is a partial remedy. Highly recommended!