The Insider’s Guide to Mini, Standard & Giant Schnauzers written by specialist canine author & Mini Schnauzer owner Linda Whitwam.
Linda set up the www.Max-the-Schnauzer.com website in 2008 & in this 264-page full colour 'Schnauzer Bible' she answers the dozens of questions new & prospective owners have. Packed full of insider tips, this is the only reference book you’ll ever need & essential reading for anyone getting a puppy, adult or rescue Schnauzer.
Puppies - Learn:
- Typical Temperaments of the 3 Types of Schnauzer
- Getting Through the First Few Days & Nights
- Where Should Puppy Sleep?
- Understanding Your Puppy & Building a Bond
- Exercise - How Much & How Often
- Crate Training & Housetraining
- Obedience Training, incl. Sit, Stay, Recall, Lead & Clicker Training
- Dealing with Bad Behaviour
- How to Deal with Issues like Puppy Biting
- How Often to Bathe & Groom Your Schnauzer
- Feeding a Puppy, Adult & Senior Dog
- Exercise – How Often & How Much?
If you haven’t got your puppy yet, save money & potential heartache by following our guidelines:
- Schnauzers for Allergy Sufferers
- Where NOT to Buy a Schnauzer From
- How to Spot a Poorly-Bred Pup
- How to Find a Good Breeder & Questions to Ask
- How to Pick a Healthy Pup or Adult Dog
- Choosing the Right Temperament
- Colours, Male or Female?
- Schnauzer-Proofing Your Home
- Finding & Caring for Rescue Schnauzers
Schnauzer Health is covered in depth, including Ailments which can Affect Schnauzers, Allergies, Ear Infections, Skin Issues, Spaying, Neutering, Vaccinations, Worming & De-Fleaing. Recognizing symptoms of ill health early on can prevent a chronic condition & save a fortune in vets’ bills.
REVIEWS FOR THE SCHNAUZER HANDBOOK:
”I adopted an adult miniature schnauzer three weeks ago & this has been very enlightening. Thank you!” JOANE DUNIGAN, USA
”We have just acquired our first Schnauzer pup as of yesterday! …I would heartily recommend this book to anyone with an interest in Schnauzers and/or thinking of getting one. It is well written and easy to read, and all the information given is relevant and interesting,” SARAH TULLIS, UK
”This book is EXCELLENT…we bought it before committing to purchase a Miniature Schnauzer, & the information it contained convinced us that this was the breed for us, & from there, we bought ‘Anders’ & he has been nothing but a sheer delight to our family,” REBEL59, USA
”I bought this book really to see if a Schnauzer was the right dog for us! Everything you need to know about Schnauzers is in this book, truly a great insight into these beautiful dogs from start to finish, cannot wait to own one,” MRS GINA M. HICKEY, UK
”This is a fantastic book for all information on Schnauzers. We have had our mini for only 2 days, and have read this book through and through, and so has my 12 year old son. We feel so much more knowledgeable now,” MRS A, UK
”I’ve learnt a lot about this breed by reading this book. It is a practical guide to how one must look after a schnauzer, I recommend it to all schnauzer owners. It has taught me a lot,” A MANDITA, USA
"If you love Schnauzers like I do, you'll love this book. It is comprehensive, interesting & fun. Every page is packed full of information & certainly sheds light on some of my Mini’s behaviour," P. DERRICK, LONDON, UK