1. These shoes are comfortable, relatively light and the upper is high enough not to annoy the the big toe.
2. The 2 "pillows" inside the shoe in each side of the inside of the upper above the heel that hug the foot seem to make the heel more locked.
3. The shoe is far better looking than Kinvara 9. The gunmetal shade version is nice looking and definitely the most stylish.
1. Coming from a more minimalist shoe, i really wish these would be lighter, a tiny bit narrower, and with lower stack height.
2. There is some kind of stability padding from the heel to the midfoot area that is felt and feels unnatural.
3. For some reason the Kinvara 10 is a slightly longer shoe than Kinvara 9 and this does not seem to add benefit because when i tried Kinvara 9 i don't remember i had issues with the length of it. To make this clear, its length does not seem to bring problems but it just seem unnecessary and makes the shoe look extra long.
4. This might be upper defect in my shoe only: in the right shoe in the part where the laces end there is an uneven internal padding which squeezes the upper down and it rubs against my feet a bit when the shoe is tied and makes the shoe look not symmetrical compared to the left shoe and degrades the shoe look. Bummer.
5. The gunmetal gray version is the only non "clownish" color that i can proudly wear outside of a sport activity environment. I could swallow the idea of wearing the blue version as well, though the rest of the color options are way too "screamy" for a day to day shoe outside of a sport event.
Suggestions for Kinvara 11:
1. Make the shoe lighter (try to hit 200g or less for size 9US), a tiny bit narrower (or leave the width as is but definitely do not make the width wider), and with a lower stack height.
2. Make the midsole with less padding (less stability).
3. Shorten the length of the shoe to Kinvara 9's length while maintaining the "true to size" fit.
4. Offer more non "clownish" colors than only a gunmetal shade option for people who wear these for casual wear.
Born from the belief that a lightweight running shoe can pack a heavyweight punch, the first kinvara changed the game. Now in its tenth form, the kinvara continues to lead the industry in innovation. This neutral running shoe features an Everun top sole and flexible eva+ midsole for a smooth, incredibly energetic ride. The engineered mesh upper is as supportive as it is breathable and will comfortably lock your foot down as you ramp up the pace. With its history behind you, you can focus on the road ahead.