I read the series as it was first released on a month by month basis. Later I had the trade paperbacks and red one then another sometime later. This is the first time I’ve read the entire series from start to finish if not in one sitting then without reading anything else in between.
That is how this should be read. It’s strange to say that for something that was initially a monthly series but The Sandman like many of the Vertigo titles of that time offered more complete storytelling then most comics (I say that as a lifelong comic fan superheroes Batman in particular were always my favorite but the Vertigo line open other doors).
This series shows what the medium can do AnyWho doubt should be handed the first volume and told to read on.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: DC COMICS; Anniversary edition (1 January 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1401292038
- ISBN-13: 978-1401292034
- Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 0.7 x 25.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 336 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 29,878 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)