A vast improvement over the original Galaxy Tab, the 10.1 uses the latest version of the Android operating system and is a 4G LTE mobile device. These upgrades—along with many others, including the better screen quality, better web browsing with Flash, and better multitasking capabilities—are all covered in this fun and friendly guide to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Everything from how-to topics to the most useful features to helpful tricks and techniques, this practical guide shows you how to get the most out of this cutting-edge device.
- Details how the Galaxy Tab 10.1 goes one step further than the iPad with phone communications plus video chat and conferencing
- Explains in detail how to find your way around the Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Covers e-mailing, web browsing, using the digital library, connecting with friends in the galaxy, taking photos with the camera, and enjoying music
- Highlights how to customize your Galaxy Tab 10.1 so that it's right for your needs
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 For Dummies is must-have reading for anyone who wants to go beyond the basics and explore another galaxy of tablet computing!
From the Back Cover
- Navigate the Galaxy Tab and speedily download apps, movies, and music
- Video chat and read eBooks on the bigger, better screen
- E–mail, browse the web, and map directions for a trip
IN FULL COLOR!
Welcome to the Galaxy!
Let Dan Gookin help you get to know your Galaxy Tab
Fabulous device. Flimsy documentation. So again, it′s Dan Gookin and For Dummies to the rescue! Dan shows you how to conquer the Galaxy, from initial set–up to video chatting and beyond. Learn to e–mail, web surf, play movies and music, read eBooks, navigate, take pictures, track appointments, print documents, and so much more, the Galaxy Tab way.
- Tour the Galaxy turn it on and off, configure your account, find things, use the touchscreen, and type
- Talk to the Tab dictate text to appear on the screen, or command the Tab with your voice
- That social stuff update your Facebook status, tweet, explore other social networks, maintain contacts, e–mail, and chat
- You are here use Maps to find out where you are, where your friends are, and how to get where you′re going
- Wait, there′s more explore eBooks, keep your calendar, set alarms, shoot photos and video, make Skype and video calls, and shop for apps
Open the book and find:
- All the basic Tab operations
- Ways to surf the Internet at blazing 4G LTE speeds
- How to grab contacts from your social networking sites
- Tips for setting up e–mail, Facebook, and Twitter
- Advice on sharing and printing photos
- Tab travel tips
- All about Wi–Fi, Bluetooth, and USB connections
- Common Tab questions and answers