Richard Fidler and Kari Gislason have delivered a delightful tapestry of mythology, history, family drama and travel memoir in Sagaland.
As the authors travel across Iceland's unyielding landscape they work to unravel Kari's Icelandic heritage. Why did he remain a 'secret' from his Icelandic family for so many years? Is he really a direct descendant of Snorri Sturluson? What is it about this mysterious place that continues to lure him back?
From Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Earth to Bobby Fischer's chess, from Viking explorers to Reagan and Gorbachev's historic meeting in a haunted house in Reykjavík - it's an incredible mix of characters and that's not even counting the retelling of the sagas themselves.
A wonderful adventure.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 13 hours and 51 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Bolinda Publishing Pty Ltd
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 23 October 2017
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B0765BDR19
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,043 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)