- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: ABC Books - AU (23 October 2017)
- ISBN-10: 0733338232
- ISBN-13: 978-0733338236
- Product Dimensions: 16.4 x 4.5 x 22.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 780 g
- Average Customer Review: 20 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 16,884 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.75 delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Saga Land Hardcover – 23 Oct 2017
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Richard Fidler presents 'Conversations with Richard Fidler', an in-depth, up-close-and-personal interview program broadcast across Australia on ABC Radio. It is one of the most popular podcasts in Australia, with over five million downloaded programs every month. Richard is the author of the bestselling book Ghost Empire.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Showing 1-8 of 20 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As the authors travel across Iceland's unyielding landscape they work to unravel Kari's Icelandic heritage. Why did he remain a 'secret' from his Icelandic family for so many years? Is he really a direct descendant of Snorri Sturluson? What is it about this mysterious place that continues to lure him back?
From Jules Verne's Journey to the Centre of the Earth to Bobby Fischer's chess, from Viking explorers to Reagan and Gorbachev's historic meeting in a haunted house in Reykjavík - it's an incredible mix of characters and that's not even counting the retelling of the sagas themselves.
A wonderful adventure.
Thanks Richard and Kari for transporting me to the Iceland of today and centuries past. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Australian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Scandinavian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Travellers & Explorers
- Books > History > Americas > Greenland
- Books > History > Europe > Iceland
- Books > History > Europe > Scandinavia
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides
- Books > Travel & Tourism