Safety 1st Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener for Baby Proofing
|Price:||+ $8.78 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Keep Children Safe - Prevents children from accessing outlets and prevents cord entanglement for total protection
- Full outlet coverage - Covers the entire outlet and keeps excess appliance cords off the floor, storing up to four feet of cords
- Child resistant - Removal of the cover requires dual-press operation making this easy for parents but tough for children to remove
- Versatile usage - Protect cables and cords, shorten them, hide them or just keep them neat in the home
- 1 piece set - This kit includes one replacement wall plate and cover. A flat-head screwdriver is needed for installation. The item fits only with standard plug
- Note:Please refer to the user manual before use.
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Safety 1st Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener
Help keep your curious baby from accessing outlets with an Outlet Cover with Cord Shortener by Safety 1st. It covers the entire outlet and features a built-in cord shortener to store excess cord safely inside. The dual press operation is child-resistant, but easy for an adult to use when plugs need to be changed out. This is a great option for standard-size phone charging cords. They can be fully wound away inside, and out of baby's sight, when not being used.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The difference being: when you say "no" that means "do exactly what you're about to do, with a smile."
That's what I'm dealing with. So many timeouts and explanations and bribes (yes bribes) seem to be fruitless so far. Our 2 year old son is fascinated with outlets and fans. If a fan is off, he wants it on. If it's on, he wants it off. It never ends. He unplugs the fan and plugs it back in when he gets even a second of a chance. I've been persistent with keeping him away from them, and was hoping he would just forget after a day or two. This has gone on for about a month now. I don't know why he's so obsessed with fans and it's nothing else.
So it got to the point I would hide the fans and not use them. I would put them up in the closet when he wasn't looking. Whenever he went into a room he would just say fan over and over. The problem is were on the second floor apartment and it's been hot without air conditioning. So we really need the fans right now.
So if he doesn't listen and doesn't forget, and I can't remove the problem... I have to make it impossible for him to unplug them. Regular outlet covers work great for outlets that aren't being used. I had no idea they had covers that work outlets being used! I'm so happy I found this!!!!
I am so so so so so happy I found this!!!!
I installed them today and they are a breeze to install. Our son can't get into it and he can't pull out the cord. The cover is simple enough to remove for adults without being annoying. That's huge for me.because we tend to move stuff around a lot.
This outlet cover will not work with every outlet and every plug in you have. There's limited amount of space on the inside. And as I've shown in the photos, the cord needs to be thin enough to pin in the two slots provided. This won't work for any of the power strips I own. Which isn't a bad thing because it kinda defeats the purpose.
I just can't say how much this has improved my life. It's a major deterrent. I watched him approach it the first time and after two good pulls he gave up. He hasn't been back since.
Not to say he still doesn't mess with the fans. He knows how to use the on/off switch. But this is much less frustrating because I'm not worried about him hurting himself anymore.
After seeing how well they are doing today, I just now bought a bunch more to be used with all the outlets we frequently use. There were other outlet covers that were higher quality, but the price was rediculous. Over 10$ for just one. I'll stick with these.
I try to be very helpful in my reviews, if this was helpful to you please click yes, thank you!
I couldn't open them out of the package, and even damaged my (short) thumb nail because I was pressing so hard it began to bend my nail the wrong way in the pink area of the nail. My husband was able to open it for me and then we got it installed. Later, I needed to vacuum and he wasn't home, so I had to use a marker to jam into one of the release levers and push as hard as I could until it finally released. I was starting to think even that wasn't going to work, but finally it did.
They are, however, limited in function. You can't use a very thick cord, and you can't use a very large plug. Some large plugs will fit, but take up the space of both outlets. I'm able to plug my baby monitor in, but I have to do it on the top outlet, so I can't use the bottom one at all. On another one, I plugged a power strip in, ran the power strip up onto a tall table, and then plugged things into the strip.