- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Symphony No. 3 Eroica/Strauss: Horn Concerto No. 1
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Hybrid SACD - DSD, Import, 21 September 2018
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 14.1 x 12.4 x 1.19 cm; 113.97 Grams
- Manufacturer : REFERENCE RECORDINGS
- Original Release Date : 2018
- Label : REFERENCE RECORDINGS
- ASIN : B07GJ5G4CZ
- Number of discs : 1
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Reference Recordings proudly presents these two iconic works in definitive interpretations from Manfred Honeck and the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, in superb audiophile sound. This release was recorded in beautiful and historic Heinz Hall, home of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. In his fascinating and scholarly notes, Maestro Honeck gives us great insight into the history of both pieces, and describes how he conducts and interprets each. He reminds us that the Eroica was a bold departure from earlier symphonies, a dance symphony with dramatic inventiveness, full of new elements that had never been heard before. He quotes Beethoven s student Ferdinand Ries, who wrote Beethoven played recently for me (the Eroica) and I believe both heaven and earth must tremble when it is performed. Honeck puts his own inimitable stamp on this interpretation, giving the listener a chance to experience the novelties of the Eroica as if hearing it for the very first time. This release is the eighth in the highly acclaimed Pittsburgh Live! series from Reference Recordings. The previous release Shostakovich 5/Barber Adagio won the Grammy in February 2018 for Best Orchestral Performance and Best Engineered Classical Album.