"Ruth’s Garden" is an enjoyable novella based on the Biblical story of Ruth, who is one of my favorite women in the Bible.
This is a present-day story with a strong, brave, and faithful heroine, Ruth, and her young daughter Mara. Ruth is struggling to deal with life’s transitions after the death of her husband, and she heads to spend time with Grandma El, who is going through changes of her own. Neither woman likes change (and I could certainly identify with that!).
Eli Hamill has purchased Grandma El’s house and property and is working on repairs when he meets Ruth. Neither is looking for a relationship, but God may have other plans.
This is a richly detailed book with a number of touching moments, along with some adorable scenes between Eli and Mara. It’s an emotional, hope-filled story with characters who are seeking God for direction. Numerous points were relatable to me, particularly in some of the scenes between Ruth and her grandmother. Bible verses are woven throughout the story, which help remind the reader to turn to God, as he does have the answers they’re seeking.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2770 KB
- Print Length: 123 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1794668160
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Forget Me Not Romances, an imprint of Winged Publications (21 January 2019)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07N12C4KK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 3 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,205,029 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)