While food trucks may not be the new kid on the block anymore, it's a segment that continues to swell—and there's still plenty of room for growth. If you have your sights set on taking your culinary prowess on the road, Running a Food Truck For Dummies, 2nd Edition helps you find your food niche, follow important rules of conducting business, outfit your moving kitchen, meet safety and sanitation requirements, and so much more.
Gone are the days of food trucks offering unappealing prepackaged meals, snacks, and coffee. In today's flourishing food service industry, they're more like restaurants on wheels, offering eager curbside patrons everything from gourmet tacos and Korean BBQ to gluten-free pastries and healthy vegan fare. Whether you're the owner or operator of an existing food truck business looking to up the ante or a chef, foodie, or gourmand interested in starting your own mobile restaurant endeavor, Running a Food Truck For Dummies has you covered.
- Create a food truck business plan to set yourself up for success
- Stay profitable by avoiding the most common operating mistakes
- Harness public relations and social media to build your following
- Grow from one truck to multiple trucks, restaurants, or a food truck franchise
Packed with the latest information on legislation and ordinances, securing loans, and marketing to the all-important Millennials, this one-stop guide helps you cook up a well-done food truck venture in no time!
From the Back Cover
- Create a business plan to set yourself up for success
- Harness PR and social media to build your following
- Stay profitable and expand your business
Start and succeed in the food truck business
If you′re a chef, foodie, or amateur epicurean who dreams of finding success in the mobile food industry, this book covers everything you need to stay lean and profitable and avoid the most common operating mistakes. Inside, you′ll find your food niche, follow important rules of conducting business on the road, outfit your moving kitchen, meet safety and sanitation requirements and everything in between.
- Research the marketplace
- Write a business plan
- Finance your endeavor
- Prepare your menu
- Buy food and supplies
- Open your service window
- Manage your money
- Create buzz for your business
- Find and retain followers