Set in Ireland, this is a sweet an uplifting tale – 4 Stars
When widower, Pete, is diagnosed with cancer, Rose marries her life-long friend and adopts his two children to ensure their future. Following his death, Rose, Neil, and Norah collectively agree to move to Ireland to begin a new phase in their lives. With the support of the welcoming local community, Rose and her young family soon feel at right at home…
This is a lovely story with plenty of feel-good factor. The setting is idyllic, and it’s not long before romance is in the air for Rose. With its easy-going pace, and gentle humour, ‘Roses Thorne’ is an entertaining read in which the themes of family, community, and romance are pretty much given equal weight. In this case though, family is not about those with whom we have a genetic connection, but those who we bond with because of feelings of love and compassion.
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1973 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Intaglio Publications (18 November 2019)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B081P4LF7L
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 43 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #72,527 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)