This is a great book for individuals who are starting their boardroom journey, as well as for those already on their journey. The book is a great read filled with practical advice and tips which are easy to follow.
Thank you Paul, for the impact you have had on my journey.
Right Seat Right Table: An Outsider's Guide to Securing the Ideal Board Role Kindle Edition
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
- "Since 1991, I have worked with young people in over 70 countries. Once they understand the problems, once we listen to their voices, once we empower them to act, their energy and determination is amazing. They are our greatest hope for the future. We must encourage them to believe in themselves and grow into leaders in their chosen way of life. This includes a position in the boardroom. My advice to anyone reading Paul's much-needed book is, "never give up". Changing the world takes persistence, passion and purpose, as well as a belief in yourself." - Jane Goodall PhD, DBE Founder, the Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace
- "Finally, a book that answers not only the 'how-to' of getting a board seat but asks the reader to truly understand why they would bother taking on the responsibility that follows and what kind of legacy they want to leave. The world is craving leadership at every level. If you want to be tomorrow's leader, please read Right Seat, Right Table." - Cassandra Kelly Tech Entrepreneur, Board Director, Adviser & Speaker 2017 Top 10 Chair in Australia 2015 US Director to Watch
- "Put simply, Paul is the reason I have a boardroom career. He helped me understand my unique value and gave me the courage to seek (and achieve) my first non-executive board role at the age of 29. Without Future Directors, I would have had no idea where to start. As a media professional, I wasn't sure I "fit the mould" or had anything to offer. But Paul helped me see the opposite was true and now I'm deputy chair of a major not-for profit. With this book, a board career might not be as far out of reach as you think." - Hannah Stenning Media Professional and Non-Executive Chair, Delta Society
- "It should concern all shareholders and stakeholders that the pool of director talent is relatively small, reinforcing the status quo and the unconscious biases of what a boardroom should look like. If we are to expect increased impact and returns from society's organizations, then we must also increase the size and diversity of the director talent pool to drive such change. As an educator, mentor and thought leader, Paul Smith has not only built an impressive track record of developing and placing young and diverse people on boards, he is seeking to solve this problem. My experience with the Future Directors Institute is that an abundance of talent and diversity exists outside the existing director pool, comparing favorably to the thousands of directors I have worked with over my career in the governance of public and private organizations. Many people could be fantastic directors but are not aware of the opportunity to contribute and how to pursue such a career. Right Seat, Right Table is a catalyst to inspire change." - Aaron Bertinetti Senior Vice President, Glass Lewis
- "Paul is an exceedingly passionate advocate for diversity on boards and leadership teams. His passion stems from the belief that a lack of diversity stifles creative innovation, new world problems are not usually solved by old world solutions. Through establishing Future Directors, Paul's taking a practical approach to changing the status quo, by giving people from a range of diverse age groups and professional backgrounds a roadmap to identifying their board career goals and how to achieve them. This book is a great first step to planning that journey and kick-starting a board career." - Gaya Byrne Non-Executive Director, The Royal Women's Hospital Foundation
--This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- File size : 3353 KB
- Print length : 146 pages
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Publisher : Future Directors Institute; 1st edition (1 May 2019)
- Language: : English
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- ASIN : B07RJTS6J3
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Page numbers source ISBN : 0473464543
- Best Sellers Rank: 238,507 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
5 out of 5
4 global ratings
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in Australia on 25 August 2019
Paul's conversational style makes this practical and inspiring book an easy read. It's packed with useful hints and I feel far more confident in my ability to contribute and get into a boardroom.
Top reviews from other countries
Must read for all wannabe young directorsReviewed in Canada on 19 October 2020
Wonderfully written book that is well-organized, easy to read and packed with tips. I have already used the book with success. Would recommend to any ‘young’ person looking to take on the important role of a board member.