Since I got my Commodore 64 in 2015 I was planning to develop a simple game for it, just to learn assembly for 6502/6510. I downloaded some modern tools and some books, studied a bit, but the challenge seemed too big.
This small book however changed everything, with a simple but effective approach, using libraries and the powerful CBM Studio as a familiar development IDE, Derek guides us over the development of a couple of micro-games (space shooter and platformer).
It managed to take me off the inercia of starting from scratch, I'm already using one of the examples as the base of my project
Important Note: The book assumes you know the basics of Assembly (in particular for 6502) so I recommend look online for some resources before reading it.
- Paperback: 132 pages
- Publisher: Retro Game Dev (29 November 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0692980652
- ISBN-13: 978-0692980651
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 0.8 x 21.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 281 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 41,438 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)