'There are very few people in the world of retail that understand just how important the customer experience actually is. Amy Roche is one of those people. If I was a retailer, she is the only person I would call to help me create an in-store experience that translates to sales every time.'
- Andrew Griffiths - International Bestselling Business Author, Speaker and Commentator
Have you been generous with your customers, giving them bigger discounts, loyalty programs, the best-trained staff and helpful emails, but it still doesn’t seem to be enough? Do you know the retail environment has changed, but you’re not sure how to respond?
Customers across all industries have changed dramatically in recent years, but many retailers have failed to connect with or
understand these new shoppers. Retailers who can’t empathise and respond to their new problems will be quickly left behind.
In this groundbreaking book about winning back the modern customer, Amy Roche describes the ‘experiments’ she performed in her own retail store. In The Retail Experiment you’ll learn how to:
• leave behind old retail methods and mindsets that no longer work
• understand, value and engage with the modern customer
• evaluate and capitalise on the changed shopping environment
• market to and communicate with customers in fresh new ways
• make your store an exciting place to visit
• appeal to the emotions of your customers
• successfully position your business in the ‘experience economy’.
Amy examines winning tactics, pitfalls and the five strategies she discovered that drew customers in like magnets, increasing visitation, sales and overall engagement.