- Boxed-product Weight: 454 g
- Item Model Number: Windproof Travel Umbrella
- ASIN: B07KGJVHMM
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 13 November 2018
- Customer Reviews: 1,722 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
2,441 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #12 in Folding Umbrellas
Repel Windproof Travel Umbrella with Teflon Coating (Multiple Colors Available)
- AUTOMATIC, COMPACT, AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Auto open/close function allows for easy one-handed operation. Measuring just 11.5" long and weighing less than 1lb the folding handheld umbrella is extremely packable in purses, briefcases, backpacks, luggage and more.
- WIND-DEFYING 9-RIB CONSTRUCTION - Most small or mini umbrellas are made of 6 or 8 aluminum ribs but Repel is fortified with 9 resin-reinforced fiberglass ribs that flex slightly to withstand powerful gusts without turning inside out.
- SUPERIOR WATER-REPELLENCY - Put the technology of Teflon to work for you. Waterproof, weatherproof and instantly dry, the foldable and durable Repel Travel Umbrella defends against the elements like nothing else.
- QUALITY WORKMANSHIP - Designed with a three-fold chrome plated black metal shaft, and strong metal frame to allow for greater stability in high winds. The ergonomic, slip-proof, and rubberized grip handle with wrist strap allow for easy carrying. A protective travel sleeve is included. Perfect for men, women, teens and kids.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - You are protected for life from the rain, sleet and snow, through our lifetime replacement guarantee program. If anything at all goes wrong with your umbrella, we will send you a replacement with no charge or return required.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.00 delivery
+ $11.29 delivery
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Colour: Black / Red
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Teflon coating means a quick shake and the water just disappears off it. Making it easy to put away.
Speaking of which, you just press the button and it pops open, and press the button and it collapses again, allowing you to push it shut quickly.
It’s lightweight and compact. Just love it
Top international reviews
As luck would have it, the wedding venue found and shipped my lost umbrella, which arrived the day after the Repel (I got “Starry Night” which I call the Cosmic version). I decided to test them together, so I took each in the shower & turned it on giving each a hefty full force drenching. My old fave (Johns which I bought in India during monsoon season – doesn’t seem to be sold here) kept me perfectly dry. The Repel did likewise.
But, I noticed that the water literally beaded up & rushed off the Repel much more so than the Johns. It is kinda cool to see the water madly scramble off the top of the Repel, almost like it's being chased.
Afterward I tested how they dried with my technique of closing and then pressing the open button to pop open each one twice, in order to shed most of the water.
And there was a distinct difference. The Johns shed nearly all the water, but was still wet in spots. The Repel was nearly dry, I can't even call it damp as the few very teeny beadlets of water were minute enough that I'd feel comfortable just folding it up & stowing it in the sleeve. Not so with my old fave.
I took the photo right after drenching each & using my unpatented drying technique. You can readily see the difference. The one with the shiny center button is my old fave, and still needs some drying, whereas the Repel is essentially dry. The Teflon definitely makes a difference.
I have noticed that after pressing the button to close the Repel, that it sometimes sticks when pushing on the handle & top to close it. (Stubborn) Persistence wins the day. And in fairness, the Johns still does that on occasion after several years.
Do be careful to give this, or any automatic umbrella, plenty of room to open. I cleared an outdoor table once with the Johns by not being mindful enough. And they open with enough force that one could get bruised if whacked by it opening.
Oh, and hold the handle & top firmly when closing it - should it slip from your hand while pressing, you could find your voice go up an octave. And I don't recommend bracing it against your stomach to close it either. (Don't ask me how I know this.)
I can't speak to the windproof-ness. I did try jerking it suddenly toward me and away with it open. And I jumped down off a 3' wall with each while open. The Repel seemed to have a little less resistance than the Johns (which survived monsoon winds), meaning it seemed to flex into the "wind" a little better. I'll update this after the next wind storm.
I have never had an umbrella with a push button close feature. I like it a lot and can see it will be handy for quickly ducking into a doorway or car. And the Starry Night is just so, you know, totally Cosmic, man!
With some tears, I have to admit this Cosmic Repel bumberchute is my new fave.
As far as customer service goes, I appreciate that the company has apparently made requests for refunds trigger an automatic “free return shipping” message and label. I will be taking advantage of that. However, I am disappointed that I’ve not received a reply to the email I sent, offering to send photos of my damaged shirt and requesting payment for a replacement.
In summary, I would not recommend this umbrella.
*Update: I received an email from the company after a couple of days. They offered to refund the money for the umbrella but didn’t at all address my shirt getting ruined. I wrote back, provided photos, and again asked for payment to cover the cost of a replacement shirt. Their reply said they will not cover it. I informed them of my intent to pursue a claim through Amazon.
Update 2: I have yet to receive a response to my last e-mail. I was hoping for better customer service.
Update 3: Company still refused to pay for shirt. I have filed a complaint.
1. Teflon coating works exceptionally well.
2. Professional look and feel for a travel umbrella (even in red color--has a nice "pop" of color without being too strange).
3. Actuation of opening and closing works well. Push button wasn't overly sensitive while carrying, avoiding mis-closes, and also not too difficult to push when desired.
1. "Windproof" is a stretch. It flexed nearly closed multiple times in only the week I've used it. To be fair, there were some strong gusts, but this is typical with Texas rainstorms. I would advertise as "wind resistant" but it is definitely short of being "windproof".
2. Bag/cover is very difficult to get on after the first time you open. I understand companies want to make products appear more compact, but this insistence upon making bags barely fit things is annoying.
CONCLUSION: Solid umbrella with quick-dry feature, perfect for a commuter or frequent traveler who needs to be prepared for average rain conditions, but should not be used in medium to high winds.