- Product Dimensions: 29.2 x 5.1 x 5.1 cm ; 340 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Item Model Number: 1
- ASIN: B0160HYB8S
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 14 February 2018
- Customer Reviews: 13 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
261 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #6 in Folding Umbrellas
Repel Windproof Travel Umbrella with Teflon Coating
|Price:||+ $10.99 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AUTOMATIC, COMPACT, AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Auto open/close function allows for easy one-handed operation. Measuring just 11.5" long and weighing less than 1lb the folding handheld umbrella is extremely packable in purses, briefcases, backpacks, luggage and more
- WIND-DEFYING 9-RIB CONSTRUCTION - Most small or mini umbrellas are made of 6 or 8 aluminum ribs but Repel is fortified with 9 resin-reinforced fiberglass ribs that flex slightly to withstand powerful gusts without turning inside out
- SUPERIOR WATER-REPELLENCY - Put the technology of Teflon to work for you. Waterproof, weatherproof and instantly dry, the foldable and durable Repel Travel Umbrella defends against the elements like nothing else
- QUALITY WORKMANSHIP - Designed with a three-fold chrome plated black metal shaft, and strong metal frame to allow for greater stability in high winds. The ergonomic, slip-proof, and rubberized grip handle with wrist strap allow for easy carrying. A protective travel sleeve is included. Perfect for men, women, teens and kids
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - You are protected for life from the rain, sleet and snow, through our lifetime replacement guarantee program. If anything at all goes wrong with your umbrella, we will send you a replacement with no charge or return required
Amazon Global Store
There is a newer style of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Lifetime Replacement Guarantee:
You are protected for life from the rain, sleet, and snow through our lifetime replacement guarantee program. If anything at all goes wrong with your umbrella, we will send you a replacement absolutely no charge, no return required.
Wind-Defying 9 Rib Construction:
Most umbrellas are made of 6 or 8 aluminum ribs but Repel is fortified with 9 resin-reinforced fiberglass ribs that flex slightly to withstand powerful gusts without turning inside out.
The Repel Travel Umbrella gets its name from its ability to do just that - repel water and other elements through its waterproof and instantly drying canopy with state-of-the-art Teflon technology.
Automatic, Compact, and Super Light:
Auto open/close function allows for easy one-handed operation. Measures just 11.5" long and weighs less than 1 pound for easy storage in purses, briefcases, backpacks, luggage and more.
Designed with a three-fold chrome plated metal shaft, and strong metal frame to allow for greater stability in high winds. The ergonomic, slip-proof, and rubberized handle with wrist strap allow for easy carrying. A protective travel sleeve is included.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Amazon's ChoiceCustomers also viewed these Amazon's Choice items
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I contacted Repel to claim on their "Lifetime Replacement Guarantee" and was told that because I'd bought it from Amazon they couldn't do anything for me - "as we are not the seller therefore do not have access to this order".
So, the guarantee is useless unless you purchase directly from Repel.
I now have to return the broken umbrella to Amazon US (which is where it shipped from).
I won't be buying another Repel.
I have used this in both light and heavy rain and it has been very effective and with the fabric not absorbing and water after a couple quick shakes it is dry enough to put back into its cover and pack away.
The only reason I'm not giving five stars is I found the cover to be not as great a quality as the umbrella itself and it has started to tear at the seams, but the core product itself (the umbrella) is absolutely a five star product. Would buy again if this one breaks.
I haven't used it yet in strong winds yet but the arms look strong. As I mentioned the build quality felt very cheap. The moment I took out this umbrella, it felt like the handle was going to fall off because it there was a lot of play and felt loose.
Top international reviews
I was really impressed with the Teflon coating, as the canopy did not get soaked through. The droplets stayed pooled on top of the fabric and I was able to easily shake them off.
I also like the push button open/close. Easy to use and easy to put the cover back on the closed umbrella. Highly recommend.
Got the umbrella a couple days ago and got a friendly message from the support team making sure I received the product as well as checking to make sure I am completely happy with the product. Definitely nice to see a company care about their products.
Woke up this morning to rain outside. It wasn't windy, but raining enough to give this umbrella a test drive. I walked outside for around 20 minutes this morning in the rain and here's what I noticed:
Completely dry after walking around
With a slight breeze, I didn't notice any issues
When going inside I did a quick spin of the umbrella and the canopy appears mostly dry except for a little condensation of portion that is folded over, which surprised me how much the material repels the water
Overall so far I am impressed. :-)
I recommend everyone this seller and his product - No. 1 in this category from Amazon (as of July 17, 2017)
In my photo you can see the quality of the handle and the design of the spokes at the umbrella
But minor problem. After several uses, there is already a rusted screw and rust forming on the inner, uncoated part of ribs, under the fabric. I don't know how water get there, probably because of the moisture. I get that iron is cheap, yet sturdy. But definitely not the best material for something that will likely get in contact with water regularly or something that will be used during rainy weather. Can't really complain tho due since the price is reallty affordable.
Conclusion: Almost perfect umbrella, would've rated 4 stars, but 5 stars instead because of the price.
Pros: Lightweight, opens smoothly, auto fold up button, smooth textured grip. Umbrella repels water admirably and seems to dry much quicker than standard umbrellas. Good price on Amazon.
Cons: None that I can report at this time.
Bottom Line: If you are in need of a small, lightweight umbrella for daily commuting to and from work, I highly recommend this umbrella. It repels water and drys quickly, which is a great benefit when walking into the office on a soggy morning.
Also the spring loaded folding feature was very very cool and useful. Though, it is better if you lower the umbrella first, as the umbrella folds so quickly and with such force that it leaves a cloud of water droplets where the umbrella once was, that will then fall on whomever is standing underneath.
I liked the diameter, even in a bit of a breeze I was able to keep my knees and higher dry and I'm nearly six feet tall.