Who’d have ever thought that one could get so lost in the ramblings and memories of a stubborn old butler?
What a beautiful story. And with so many morals to heed in our own lives.
Stevens is an endearing loyal butler to Lord Darlington and lives his life abiding by strict and unwavering morals and values...especially the personal trait he values more than any other...true dignity, which he carries out with the utmost importance.
While his staunchness is something for others to behold and admire...he finds it ultimately costs him dearly in some facets of his life.
Some of Stevens’ thoughts and some passages in this book made me feel quite emotional and had me thinking back and reminiscing these days,about long forgotten manners,loyalty, respect ....and indeed dignity.
A wonderful book.
- Hardcover: 264 pages
- Publisher: EVERYMAN - TRADE; 1 edition (1 October 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1841593494
- ISBN-13: 978-1841593494
- Product Dimensions: 13.3 x 2.2 x 21.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 358 g
- Customer Reviews: 1,362 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 42,414 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)