Wow. I just finished the book 5 minutes ago. What an incredible read. It’s hard to quickly summarize how I feel about this book. A quick google of Jim Goad will inevitably lead you to multiple hit pieces from tea sipping busy bodies about what a racist extremist he is.
I already knew he wasn’t, but this book further cemented the notion that Goad doesn’t hate minorities or gays, he hates everyone. Don’t imagine this book as left wing or right wing. It’s nothing close to it.
This book is like sitting down with all of blue collar America and hearing them out of one mans mouth dissect and ridicule all of the nonsense peddled today by those who say they have our best interest at heart.
It also amazed me this book was written 21 years ago, but reading it in 2018 it hits on the EXACT same issues we are being bottle fed today.
Amazing book, start to finish. Can’t wait to crack into Goads next work
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster; Touchstone edition (26 May 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0684838648
- ISBN-13: 978-0684838649
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.8 x 21.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 417 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 100,887 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)