Red Suricata Family Beach Sunshade - Sun Shade Canopy | UPF50 UV Protection | Tent with 4 Lightweight Aluminum Poles, 4 Sandbag Anchors | Large & Portable Shelter Tarp
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SIT IN TOTAL COMFORT IN THE BIGGEST SHADE AREA ➤ Every other sunshade tarp only comes with 2 poles. Red Suricata offers a FULL HEIGHT CANOPY that includes FOUR POLES increasing the shaded area by 50%! The medium beach tent fits 3-4 adults lying down, and our large beach canopy tent fits 6-7 adults lying down.
- LIGHTWEIGHT HI TECH ALUMINUM POLES ➤ Red Suricata is the ONLY company that has aluminum poles with a pointed stake at the bottom, so you can stick them straight into the sand or ground. Our “patent pending” poles are colored, foldable, lightweight, and rustproof! Plus, the top of the pole has a robust plastic ball that WON’T rip the fabric.
- USE FOR YEARS OF FAMILY FUN, BEACH TRIPS & OUTDOOR ADVENTURES ➤ Our beach shelter canopy is Extremely Durable! The stretchable Lycra/Polyester has a UPF50 UV rating - screening more than 98% of UV radiation. Hundreds of families are using this portable gazebo to keep their kids safe, happy and out of the sun!
- RIDICULOUSLY EASY TO SET UP ➤ Our beach cabana takes 1 person, and 3 simple steps to set up. 1) Fill the sandbag anchors up and stretch out the red/blue sun canopy so it’s flat. 2) Assemble the poles and pop up the sandbag tent (one pole in each corner). 3) Lay out your towel and relax under your large shaded area. Stay safe in the shade all day long! We recommend using sunscreen throughout the day to protect from secondary sunlight emissions.
- PACK IT ALL UP FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP ➤ Our large Lycra beach sunshade comes packed in a waterproof 600D polyester carry bag with a zipper that easily accommodates the awning, sandbags, 4 aluminum poles and the extra 4 tent pegs! It only weighs 2.9 kg (for M) or 3.9 kg (for L) so you can sling it over your shoulder and take it outdoors.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Hey mate, want to Know the Best Way to Stay in the Shade the Entire Day?
The All-New Improved 2019 Lycra Beach Sun Shade Tent especially crafted for the beaches and sun down under!!!
It’s cool, easy to set up and perfect for spending time outdoors with friends and family. Red Suricata Tent Canopies are #1 for Your Vacations, Picnics, and
- Selection of vivid colors to choose from - canopy, sand bags and matching aluminum poles!
- 4 Folding Aluminum Poles - The ONLY company with pointed, staked poles and secure plastic ball top
- New 2019 - Larger plastic ball tops provide improved grip on canopy + rope with drawstring to affix position of pole top!
- New 2019 - Even the medium size canopies now feature full height (2m) poles - same as the large canopies!
- 4 Sand Bag Anchors – Easy to fill, and connected by strong ropes to canopy corners.
- New 2019 - Large Canopy Sand bags have 50% more capacity for sand providing improved support!
- 4 “bungee” elastic cords – New 2019 – dual function – affix the canopy fabric to the pole & attach folded pole for storage
- 4 Tent Pegs – Provides extra stability and support for your canopy tent.
- UPF50 UV Sun Protection – This is equivalent to screening out 98% of direct UV Sunlight.
- New 2019 - All 5 fabrics (5 colors) tested in external laboratory providing better than UPF50 rating!
- Spacy Waterproof Carry Bag with Handles – The zippered carry bag fits everything inside for easy carrying!
Thousands of Smart Beach Goer’s Are Now Using This!
Choose Your Size & Style!
Our medium canopy measures 2.2m x 2.2m and fits 3-4 adults, while our extra-large shade measures 3m x 2.8m and fits 6-7 adults lying down!
Available in 5 bright trendy colors – Blue / Red / Turquoise / Purple / Orange
Using the 4 poles our entire canopy area stays at full height.
The pictures are of the large sunshades.
New: the New Medium canopy has the same tall poles (2m net) as the Large Canopy.
Four poles out of the bag - use all four or just two
Our Lycra beach sun shades offer a BIGGER, BETTER beach day experience!
4 poles make a taller canopy, with a bigger usable shade area. No more hassle with purchasing extra poles, our beach tent has everything you need.
Plus, it all fits neatly into the carry bag included. Easy to set up and pack up!
You still want the graded sheltered feel? No problem - just use 2 poles.
Update: the New 2019 Medium Canopy has the same tall poles (2m) as the Large Canopy - so get either depending on the number of people it is used for.
Pick your canopy and set-it up
Set-up Instructions and Usage Tips for The Best Experience
Assembly of the tent by one person takes about 12-15 minutes. If you’ve got a friend to help it will only take about 8-10 minutes.
- Lay out the canopy on the ground – stretch it to the max and pull out the empty sandbags as far as possible to form an X shape.
- Fill the sandbags to the brim, stuffing more sand in while pulling the bag shut. If needed, partially or fully bury the sandbags.
- Use the sharp point at the pole bottom to insert solidly into the ground.
- Pull the canopy fabric over the pole and position the black plastic ball top about 40cm from the corner.
- Connect the pole top to the canopy fabric corner by attaching the “bungee” elastic cord tightly over the fabric with the ball underneath and pulling the drawstring.
- Now Sheila, Get a bevvie or a frostie, put your sunglasses on and enjoy the beach.
Note: Our shade provides UPF50 protection in the shade – but you should still use sun lotion as it does not protect from secondary emission of UV light (from the sea, sand and other objects)
More features of your Red Suricata Lycra Beach Sunshade
New Unique Dual Function Bungee Elastic Cords
Our Red Suricata Beach Canopy includes FOUR (4) foldable, uniquely designed poles with a pointed bottom for easy insertion into the ground (or into the pole sand anchor) and a rigid plastic pole top ball.
The folded poles are attached with a Bungee Elastic Cord with Drawstring for easy handling and storage.
The Dual Function Cords are also intended to secure the Pole Top Balls to the ideal position on the tight, stretched canopy fabric to ensure it doesn't move around and to make the canopy even more sturdy and suitable for windy conditions.
Best position of the poles is about 40 cms from the canopy corner.
Stretch Out with Your Beach Lovin’ Friends
Our Beach Sun Shades come in 2 sizes – Large & Medium
What makes our canopy so unique?
The Story of Red Suricata - How it all started
Mike, the founder of Red Suricata is an entrepreneur focusing on Technology. His wife Esther is a beach enthusiast. In 2016, while at a sandy beach, they noticed that although there were good beach products available there was a LOT of room for improvement.
Customers who bought this item also bought
|5 star 76% (76%)||76%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 13% (13%)||13%|
|2 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|1 star 11% (11%)||11%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
This tent held up in 23 mile an hour winds when everyone else had to fold up their umbrellas. If you see my photos then you’ll notice how I tied the poles at the very corners and then buried the sand bags. If there was too much slack after I buried the sandbags then I just wrapped the rope around the top of the poles as shown in the picture.
I thought for sure the cloth would rip in the wind but it held up perfectly. The only thing is that I am not sure about the SPF50 claim. I think you still need plenty of sun block but the shade is fantastic.
About 10 people asked me where I got it. I bought the smaller one and it was great. I highly recommend this!
Here’s what I love about this sunshade - the color I got that azure blue/green-gorgeous in the beach! I like the material it feels like so kind of spandex or something i don’t know but there is no wind noise from the fabric and it really is shade from the sun - I didn’t get burned once this winter. It is super easy to put up!!! SUPER!!! Takes me maybe 15 minutes, possibly 25 if i have help because I have to instruct them 🤣. I really like that it’s just 5 easy pieces, your poles and your sunshade-that’s it! No mallets or scoops or hook, cords just those pieces and it holds up all day even in crazy wind that we sometimes get on some beaches. If your like is island girls we like to spread out so i think it only fits 2 comfortably BUT it can fit 3 and if you have to 4. I think aim going to get the bigger one for when I have guests....yes! I like it that much.
Positives: This sunshade is light, very portable (fits in carry on-sized luggage), and is extremely easy to put up/take down. Great value.
Negatives: The newly added pole anchor screws to add stability in wind conditions are a great idea and do work nicely; however, on our 5th day of use of the shade we were hit by a rogue wave that got the poles and anchor screws wet. When we attempted to remove the poles from the screws, they were stuck. The first photo attached shows the result of attempted to force the pole from the screw--broken elastic. The second photo shows the pole tip stuck in the screw. The third photo shows two poles that we decided not to try and force, with the screws still firmly attached. We were able to remove one pole from it's screw without damage. I think if the poles, screws, and sand stay dry everything works fine, but once we, all bets are off. I'm going to see if if the manufacturer sells replacement poles as I really love this shade, but I don't think I'd use the anchor screws going forward. Even if you don't get hit by a wave, it could rain, etc. and moisture, sand, the poles/screws are not a good combo.
Although it's advertised as having an SPF of 50, I would not count only on that in very hot sun and suggest always wearing sunscreen in addition to using this shade, especially if using to shade little ones. I sat in complete shade under it after my sunscreen had likely worn off and did burn. The combo of fresh sunscreen and the shade does the trick.
The shade comes with 4 metal stakes that were confiscated by TSA so either transport it in checked in luggage or travel without the stakes if you're not going to need them.