I was very happy to have Thorgrim return to sea after his land bound Irish adventures. It was also good to see further character development of some past characters.
I thought the plot well woven and the outcome unexpected.
Sea battles were something Vikings tended to avoid where possible as there were so many uncontrollable elements but, just like Thorgrim, if that was the only way to achieve a goal, a sea battle could be plotted and planned as carefully as on land... but plans b and c would be needed by a clever commander, just in case...
This book did have a different feel to the others in the series but the depth of Nelson's maritime knowledge taught me a great deal without being too dry or technical.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, as usual.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 13 hours and 2 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Tantor Audio
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 26 September 2017
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B075QMWXG9
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 37,260 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)