- Lace-up oxford featuring blind eyelets and rugged lug outsole
- Logo debossed on tongue
- Comfort system designed to provide lightweight shock absorption.
- EVA outsole
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1) Order at lest 1/2 a size smaller than your usual shoe size
2) Order a good pair of comfortable insoles, and immediately throw out the ones that come with the shoes
When considering these shoes, I saw a couple of reviewers suggest ordering at least a 1/2 size down from your usual shoe. Despite those warnings, I ordered my usual size 11 since one reason I looked at Rockports was I wanted a roomy shoe for my wide feet. Sure enough, they felt over sized and clunky, like I was a kid wearing my big brother's hand-me-downs. They were so roomy I considered getting size 10, but exchanged them for 10.5 instead. The 10.5 pair fit much better, though I was tempted to go down even smaller. However, I needed new shoes (my old pair were literally falling apart) and didn't feel like doing the return/reorder dance again.
After a week of wearing them to work, I noticed my feet and lower legs feeling very strained, which traveled up to my lower back. I remembered another reviewer recommended replacing the insoles immediately. So I picked some up, and it has made a WORLD of difference. They also reduce a bit of the excess roominess in the shoe. I'm not sure why Rockport uses such cheap insoles, this was the first time I ever had to replace what came with my shoe.
Once I got them to fit and wear comfortable, I liked them quite a bit. I got black, and the brown leather layer above the sole looks sharp IMO. The width is very comfortable, which has always been a top concern for me with leather shoes. The sole is thick and appears quite durable. Once I put some polish on the black leather, they looked fantastic.
Maybe more effort than some want to put into their shoes, but honestly they're a solid pair at a good price if you're aware of the issues above.
1. The run big. I knew that going in, and I ordered a 1/2 size down. Even so, they still feel large/loose. I don't know that I'd recommend a full size down, but that might be the best thing to do.
2. I'm not crazy about the laces. They're not exactly the "brittle spaghetti" type laces of some dress shoes, but they're in that family. I usually have to retie them a time or two each day, but it's not a deal breaker.
3. The picture on Amazon shows them with adiPRENE (by Adidas) cushioning. I think previous models had that, but these shoes have truTECH cushioning.
All-in-all, I like these shoes a lot, and I would order another pair.
I initially gave this product 5 stars but am retracting my stars a bit. I had ordered these shoes as a "back-up" pair to the ones I owned. I started wearing these in July of 2018. Now only a month in the shoe material as ripped at the sole. I am disappointed, especially since I can't return these as they were purchased back in September of 2017. Not sure what happened to this pair. Maybe just a bad batch or something?
I still like the shoe for fit and comfort but am a little more wary of the brand.