This book, the first in the series of Lady Hardcastle and her faithful assistant, Flo, is set in countryside England in the early 1900s. Flo and her mistress have an atypical relationship in that they speak irreverently to each other, which is often commented upon by other characters in the book. It's the relationship between the two leading ladies that make the book such a giggle.
There is crime to solve and it is clever and doesn't feel contrived at all, but it's the relationships of the characters that feels so real and makes this book a joy.
I've read the second book and can't wait to download the third too.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 43 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Brilliance Audio
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 4 October 2016
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B01LDRTD6K
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,446 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)