I purchased this unit with a 3rd camera in July 2027 it’s now February 2018. The instructions call for the cameras to be under an eve but i have no eves on my home so I’ve had them mounted right in the weather with no issues at all rain wind sleet or snow. I will tell you that depending on how far away these cameras are from the NVR you may have WiFi connection issues. My NVR is restricted to the room I have my tv in to monitor the cameras at one end of my home. The two cameras furthest away had choppy video. I solved that with a WiFi repeater installed about 10-15 feet from the NVR and the cameras now all work flawlessly.
Pros: 1) The length of the power cord extensions for each camera is 30 ft.
2) NVR comes with a 1TB Hard drive that can be swapped out up to 4 TB. With the 1T you get about a month or a bit less with all 4 cameras recording 24/7
I had them on motion record but you’ll have yesterday’s motion recording and last summers motions recordings jumbled together in there if the NVR is set to OVERWRITE HHD. I wil soon invest in the 4TB once I add the 4th camera to the system.
3) each camera comes with an sd card slot supporting up to 128GB of recording at the camera.
4) Very good customer service with either chat or phone call.
5) Cameras are plug and play
6) 2 year warrantee included with great lifetime customer service.
Cons: 1) if you need to reset a camera you need a ladder because each reset button is located at the camera. PITA if you really want to know the truth. It’s also a 30 second hold time on pressing the reset button and a 2-5 minute reset time till the green light comes and stays on. (That can seem to take forever if it’s freezing outside...burrrrrr!)
2) You will need to invest in a WiFi repeater if the cameras exceed the distance from the WiFi from the NVR. My home is 1700sq ft and two cameras that have 3 walls and log siding between them and the NVR locates on the opposite side of my house. They connect fine but are very freezy/choppy in video playback and recording without the WiFi repeater. Just make sure the WiFi repeater has the same name as the NVR WiFi AP because the cameras can’t choose between WiFi SSIDs (like we humans can). Some repeaters add and “ext” to the end of the NVR WiFi’s SSID. If so delete the “ext” so the SSID of the WiFi repeater is exactly the same as the NVRs SSID. I also unchecked the 2.4 G and left the 5G NETWORK menu setting on the NVR so the WiFi repeater picks up only the 5G. Some WiFi repeaters have the option to choose this so it really depends on the WiFi repeater you choose to buy. The more devices using the same 2.4 or 5G the less bandwidth the cameras have available. I have only my cameras using the 5G bandwidth and all other devices (iPad, MacBook and phones all use the 2.4G from my internet router and 5 G is faster for playback and recording than 2.4G so there’s no congestion on the 5G bandwidth whatsoever even with a cheap WiFi repeater.
3). If you ever NEED to reset the NVR back to its factory defaults for any reason ALWAYS UNCHECK CAMERA at that menu setting or POWER DOWN the cameras by unplugging them from the power outlet before doing the factory reset. I chose the power down cameras option just to be on the safe side. (So that ladder could stay nice and warm in its place lol) That’s what caused me to have to break out the ladder in the dead of winter no less, in the first place before I realized my repeater took a sudden crap on me and it had ZERO to do with the cameras or NVR itself.
4). The NVR should come with 4 cameras for the price and/or the price should be more comparable to others in the same category with the same number of cameras that come with the kit.
5) the website for Q-See has all the technical manuals for their systems this one is difficult to find. It’s listed under QC SERIES BLUE. The NVR looks different than the photo shown on this manual but it is the same as far as interface is involved.
6) there is no audio at the cameras.
Although there are cheaper sets available from different companies with all 4 cameras, it’s a very reliable and great system.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 31 x 13.2 cm ; 907 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 907 g
- Item Model Number: QCW3MPEN16-2
- ASIN: B06W5H7VN9
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 16 February 2017
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item