- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $18.98 delivery
Psychological Testing: History, Principles, and Applications: International Edition Paperback – 7 July 2006
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : Pearson; 5th edition (7 July 2006)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 720 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0205504663
- ISBN-13 : 978-0205504664
- Dimensions : 19.1 x 2.7 x 23.3 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
The goal of Psychological Testing is to teach students about the characteristics, objectives, and wide-ranging effects of psychological testing. In addition to the breadth of coverage of traditional topics, the fifth edition features new detailed presentations on neuropsychological and geriatric assessment, the early uses and abuses of testing, assessment of learning disabilities, testing in special settings, race differences in IQ, and cheating on national group achievement tests. The author describes and critiques the latest versions of the most widely used tests, examines the subtleties of the testing process, and explores the value-laden issues surrounding the wisdom of testing.
Other Highlights of the Fifth Edition
- Chapter 2, “The History of Psychological Testing,” and Appendix A, “Major Landmarks in the History of Psychological Testing,” give students a broad overview of the field.
- The importance of ethical and social issues in testing is emphasized in Chapter 1, “Applications and Consequences of Testing.”
- Real-world case studies bring concepts to life for students.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The binding of the hardcover edition is terrible! The binding was cracked on receipt and has gotten worse with use. The first several sections are now separate and kept loose within the cover. Very weak glue in the binding and a disappointment for someone like me who likes to keep textbooks as a reference source.
Not only did I find this textbook to be helpful, although a bit dry, my 85 year old professor has been using this textbook or a version of this textbook for over 10 years!