The Proof Is in the Plants: How Science Shows a Plant-Based Diet Could Save Your Life (and the Planet) Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Our health is in crisis and so is our climate.
What if there was a way of eating that may help us live healthier for longer and protect the future of our planet, too?
The good news is that evidence now shows a plant-based diet may offer us exactly that - and straight-talking nutritionist Simon Hill has done the hard work translating the science into actionable advice for everyday life.
Before transitioning to a plant-based diet, Simon held many of the common misconceptions. But instead he experienced incredible improvements in his energy levels, digestion, mental clarity and post-workout recovery after making the shift. He’d finally understood the power of food and was determined to find out - and share - the agenda-free truth about the optimum diet for human health.
By undertaking a master’s degree in nutrition, poring over the latest scientific papers and books and producing hundreds of hours of his internationally successful Plant Proof podcast, Simon has pursued the answers to all the questions he had about fuelling our bodies with more plants. Now, in his first book, he brings it all together into one inspiring and practical guide.
- The reasons why we’re all so confused about what to eat.
- The evidence showing how a plant-based diet might reduce risks of heart attacks and strokes, type 2 diabetes, cancer and dementia.
- The positive impact of plant-based living for the climate and animal welfare.
- Common myths about a plant-based diet - and what the real facts are.
- How to build a healthy, satisfying plant-based plate, from macronutrients to micronutrients.
- Practical tips for making the shift, and much more.
If you want to understand and unlock the many benefits of putting more plants on your plate, this book is for you.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||10 hours and 50 minutes|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||20 July 2021|
|Publisher||Penguin Random House Australia Audio|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 2,174 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
5 in Environmental Geology
17 in Public Health Administration
32 in Diets, Nutrition & Healthy Eating
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A well written book with lots of useful information.
Buy it, you will learn something!