Too often memoirs are self-serving, one-dimensional accounts of uninteresting events told by first time authors who don't know any better. Not this one. Sarah Vallance is a seriously accomplished writer who brings to life her story of traumatic brain injury with a droll honesty guaranteed to provoke reaction.
I read this book in a single sitting. The narrative is tight and fast and the 'characters' are engaging. If your worldview is exclusively heteronormative or you're looking for a manual on recovery from TBI then move on. If you like to read well written stories of real people overcoming real obstacles then this might just be for you.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 8 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Brilliance Audio
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 1 August 2019
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B07N33D9S1
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,835 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)