This is not to say that JS object patterns are without merit (the Revealing Module pattern for example is a personal favourite), just that they appear to act as ‘workarounds’ making up for perceived lack of native features in the language. This attitude has manifested concretely in ES6 classes, which provide a consistent syntax for what the community had already been doing on their own.
Nonetheless, the book was extremely informative and invaluable in its distillation of how JS objects (and functions) work, it’s up to the reader how they wish to use that information.
- Paperback: 120 pages
- Publisher: NO STARCH (1 August 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781593275402
- ISBN-13: 978-1593275402
- ASIN: 1593275404
- Product Dimensions: 17.9 x 0.7 x 23.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 249 g
- Customer Reviews: 141 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 230,158 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)