This book isn't exactly what I expected. I expected a slightly post-WWII manual or reference text. What I got was a 2010 published, completely (as far as I know) modern textbook on naval weapon systems and naval weapon system integration. It covers radar, missile tracking, sonar, sensor integration, and all the other things that make modern naval warfare what it is. Again, this is an actual textbook, mine was from student that was attending the US Naval Academy and apparently liked Wrigley's winterfresh gum.
Lovely book, great figures and plenty of explanation. Highly recommended if that is what you are interested in. Also I think it is a safe bet for buying used because it is generally naval officer trainees that have these things, mine was in essentially mint condition.
- Hardcover: 412 pages
- Publisher: Naval Institute Press; 2 edition (15 January 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1591146674
- ISBN-13: 978-1591146674
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 2.5 x 28.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 89,611 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)