- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens; 1 edition (1 April 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1582349932
- ISBN-13: 978-1582349930
- Product Dimensions: 13.9 x 3 x 20.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 431,351 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $3.00 delivery
Princess Academy Hardcover – 1 Apr 2014
|New from||Used from|
Amazon Global Store
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Shannon Hale is the Newbery Honor-winning and New York Times bestselling author of the series Princess Academy, Books of Bayern, Ever After High, and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, as well as stand-alones Book of a Thousand Days, Dangerous, and the graphic novels Rapunzel's Revenge and Calamity Jack, among other books. She also wrote three novels for adults, including Austenland, now a major motion picture starring Keri Russell. She and her husband, the author Dean Hale, have four children and live near Salt Lake City, Utah.
Review this product
4 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
THE PRINCESS ACADEMY by SHANNON HALE.
this book was filled right to the top with academy life in the mountains of Eskel were a girl name from a flower will unlock not only her heart but those close to it.
love this story and found it fun to read
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There is a certain innocence about the book that just made me happy. It is hard to explain, but its just a feel good book. But not a sappy love story type feel good. Its got a good plot and a LOT of character development. There is a good mix of love, action, fantasy, drama, and resolution to make it a great read.
This is a great book for all ages. I would definitely recommend it to elementary and middle schoolers as well as teenagers and adults. This would make a great book to read with your child too! If you want to start a mommy and me book club with your child I would suggest starting with this book. Its that good!
Book Review: I think I was expecting more, but I don't know what.
It's a good book. I enjoyed the writing, the characters, the story, but It feels like something is missing that could have made it a five star book and a favorite. Near the end there was a major tone shift that didn't exactly match with the rest of the story. Those chapters kinda of feel out of place with the rest of the book, I almost thought it was a dream at first, and after that problem is resolved the tone goes back to what it was before.
I liked the book, I just didn't love it.
The best part of this book is the way Ms. Hale allows Miri to solve her problems. When violence occurs it is often meet by Miri intellectually. The conflicts are resolved through understanding the other and finding common ground. Even in the one instance where violence became necessary, it was only after other options failed. Ms. Hale's emphasis on interpersonal relationships and connecting with others made this book more than just another fantasy or coming of age story; she has created valuable literature.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Royalty
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > School
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic